By Youngian
‘Sick Rupert’s Sex Spy Shame’

Such a sad end to this beautiful romance
Murdoch and Hall spent months emailing and talking on the phone before she agreed to a lunch date in New York. When Hall arrived, her hotel room was filled with flowers and chocolates. “He was an old-fashioned gentleman. We laughed together nonstop,”

Much to enjoy in this article. How many decades have you told Sun readers that Murdoch doesn’t care about this right wing culture war crap? But just wants you on board with a right wing free market government that will make him richer.
It’s ironic that Murdoch’s fortunes would become entwined with Trump’s, because Murdoch found Trump appalling. “Rupert knew he was an idiot,” a person close to Murdoch said. Murdoch was a longtime champion of immigration reform and free trade and loathed Trump’s nativism and know-nothingism.
Last edited by Youngian on Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By The Weeping Angel
Youngian wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:14 pm Its an enjoyable upmarket Dallas like Yellowstone with media technobabble instead of cows. Media commentators are getting a bit carried away with their praise for Succession as it’s about their industry.
As one wag put it it's watched by 6000 people in New York and Los Angeles.
By MisterMuncher
It is, genuinely, pretty good, if a bit self-conscious and filled with scenes that could charitably be described as "references" to other works.

It is, once again, a premium TV show without any really "good" characters. I'm not saying this is a positive or negative in isolation, but I am getting a little fatigued with the constant anti-hero stuff. There's a certain memory of nineties comics about it all.
By Youngian
It may well have been under Elizabeth Murdoch’s tenure that Now TV pioneered a simple cancel when you like service instead of chiseling punters into annual subscriptions without enough original programming to remotely justify the expense. Like to have seen her explain that business model to dad; ‘So Liz, you’re saying by respecting customers they will respect this model and return in greater numbers, have you gone mad, girl?’
By MisterMuncher
NowTV is probably the only time News International as an organisation have actually been in tune and on time for a technological development.
By Youngian
MisterMuncher wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:12 pm NowTV is probably the only time News International as an organisation have actually been in tune and on time for a technological development.
News Corp had probably divested from Sky by then. “They never listen to anything I say,” Murdoch once groaned about Sky. We began to notice that with the growing quality of its news, drama and comedy.
By Youngian
Reasons to be cheerful
Profits at Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp fall off a cliff
Profits at Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation have dropped by 75 per cent, it was revealed this week.

The US-listed media conglomerate – which owns mastheads in the US, UK and Australia – took $187 million net profit for the financial year, down from the previous year’s $760 million. https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... ff-354390/
By Youngian
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:35 pm Unfortunetly Lachlan is in many ways even worse.
Will he sustain his father’s interests in newspapers in terminal commercial decline in a country with diminishing international influence?
And the window’s closing on any rich pickings in the UK TV industry which I doubt he has even less instinct for than his father.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]