:laughing: 100 %
By Youngian
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:49 pm Anybody wanting to know about the curse of Hewlett Packard - I'm yer bloke.
I do, what is the curse? Last I knew they were frantically catching up with their competitors to transition to services as margins on manufacturing PCs and printers became wafer thin. The CEO then was Carly Fiorina who resurfaced some years later to show fellow corporate suits that being successful in business doesn’t translate to being good at politics.

It’s good to have a thoughtful right leaning publication still untouched by idiots conducting the Brexit war on objective reality.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:10 am
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:49 pm Anybody wanting to know about the curse of Hewlett Packard - I'm yer bloke.
I do, what is the curse? Last I knew they were frantically catching up with their competitors to transition to services as margins on manufacturing PCs and printers became wafer thin. The CEO then was Carly Fiorina who resurfaced some years later to show fellow corporate suits that being successful in business doesn’t translate to being good at politics.

It’s good to have a thoughtful right leaning publication still untouched by idiots conducting the Brexit war on objective reality.
Succession planning.

Founders Bill and Dave were replaced by a sequence of "suits" who made disastrous decisions chasing the quick buck.
* Selling off successful "hardware" interests.
* Deciding the future lay in "services" and failing to undercut offshored competitors.
* Following early strategic acquisitions with disastrous short term measures, culminating in a 11 billion spaff on Autonomy.
* Attempting to cut their way to profitability, 24 successive quarters of lay offs, while failing to promote a single "technical" staff member to management.
* The split into HP Inc and HPE - taking no account of skillsets or competencies of staff when assigning them.

Like UK prime ministers, each new CEO made the last look competent.

Whitman in particular has a Johnson like touch.
* A big idea (one actually called Moonshot) every month or so, none progressing beyond the drawing board.
* Dodgy appointments from the old pals playbook.
* Took a "bonus" of $90,000,000 from a loss making enterprise before bailing.

Prediction:
Once Trump is gone, Meg Whitman will present herself as the sane face of US Republicanism, and attempt a run for president.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]