By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:34 pm Baffling as to why a commercial publisher would pay £600m for this loss making shit heap.
The German media giant which publishes Die Welt, one of Europe's leading newspapers, has joined the race to buy The Daily Telegraph and its Sunday sister title.

Sky News can exclusively reveal that Axel Springer has registered its interest in acquiring the British broadsheets. https://news.sky.com/story/german-media ... n-12973041
The media bit of the group is profitable- the problem was elsewhere.

But £600m sounds like a lot of money.
By zuriblue
From Wiki
In October 2021, the firm announced that it had completed the acquisition of Politico for over $1 billion, after announcing its intention to do so in late August 2021.[11][33][34] Axel Springer's Chief Executive Mathias Döpfner said that Politico staff would need to adhere to Axel Springer's principles, including support for a united Europe, "reconciliation between Germans and Jews,"[35] Israel's right to exist and a free-market economy, and that staff who disagree with the principles "should not work for Axel Springer, very clearly".
Can’t see that going down very well with the Torygraph readers
By Bones McCoy
zuriblue wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:48 am From Wiki
In October 2021, the firm announced that it had completed the acquisition of Politico for over $1 billion, after announcing its intention to do so in late August 2021.[11][33][34] Axel Springer's Chief Executive Mathias Döpfner said that Politico staff would need to adhere to Axel Springer's principles, including support for a united Europe, "reconciliation between Germans and Jews,"[35] Israel's right to exist and a free-market economy, and that staff who disagree with the principles "should not work for Axel Springer, very clearly".
Can’t see that going down very well with the Torygraph readers
All twenty of 'em.
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:12 pm Having never heard the term lawfare so had a look on Xitter to see who uses it, MAGA loons that’s who.
It's used here too, mostly against The Good Law Project. But it's fairly easy to guess what the word means even if you haven't seen it. Clever lawyers tying the brilliant government in knots.

I've not heard it used for information requests though. I'd have that information was good.
By Boiler
Proving once again that empty vessels make the most sound, Allison Pearson lends her bRaNeZ to the subject of EVs and the dangers of lithium batteries.

It provoked a response:

I don't get this culture war by fucking morons about EVs - they all rail about how unsafe lithium-ion batteries are yet are quite happy to tootle around with fifteen gallons of petrol in an easily-damaged plastic container behind them. I'm sure the twats are creaming themselves to prove the Luton Airport fire was caused by an EV.

Best stop using your laptop, phone and iPad then, Alison. They use Li-ion batteries.

Oh, and think of all those people who stick Li-ion batteries right next to their face as they heat a volatile liquid up to inhale/exhale - you know, a vape. Think of all the ones casually chucked in the street that then get picked up as litter with often fiery consequences.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]