By Bones McCoy
Killer Whale wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:55 am Several times when I've asked Bing AI (Microsoft's AI-powered search) for help with niche technical problems, it's basically told me that it doesn't know the answer, but here's some help with a subtly different, (and therefore, to me) irrelevant problem.

This is, I suppose, to be expected. Currently AI is aggregating a ton of received wisdom, so struggles to be innovative. But it will come, undoubtedly.
That's really frustrating, but it does mimic common human behaviour.
Questions on Amazon answers or hobby forums often get that "not what I asked for, but at least you tried" type answers.
By kreuzberger
I am still struggling to find anything of tangible value. These ChatGPT/Bard/Bing are helpful insofar as they are like Google with pre-formed paragraphs as opposed to bald lists. But the prose! It is turgid, with everything being "iconic" or somesuch repetitive nonsense.

Not wishing to brand myself as an elder statesman of K-Pop or don the mantel of a fearsomely-endowed Manga rapist, I am yet to play with the imaging toys/tools.

The Photoshop "content aware" cutouts are pretty good, mind.

In other news, are Tichi Sunak's tin-tacked mates from Open AI still messaging on his TechBro WhatsApp group? (Fuxake, a week earlier, and we could have dodged Deciduous Dave at the FCO and got some variant of Degenerative AI tipping up in war zones.)
Youngian liked this
By Youngian
kreuzberger wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:08 pm I am still struggling to find anything of tangible value. These ChatGPT/Bard/Bing are helpful insofar as they are like Google with pre-formed paragraphs as opposed to bald lists. But the prose! It is turgid, with everything being "iconic" or somesuch repetitive nonsense.
Journalists are lukewarm at best about AI’s potential as a working aid. An experienced reporter can scan the eye through council minutes and make a better attempt to bash out the most newsworthy items than AI. Useful as SatNavs are, no one uses them if they know the route home.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:34 am
kreuzberger wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:08 pm I am still struggling to find anything of tangible value. These ChatGPT/Bard/Bing are helpful insofar as they are like Google with pre-formed paragraphs as opposed to bald lists. But the prose! It is turgid, with everything being "iconic" or somesuch repetitive nonsense.
Journalists are lukewarm at best about AI’s potential as a working aid. An experienced reporter can scan the eye through council minutes and make a better attempt to bash out the most newsworthy items than AI. Useful as SatNavs are, no one uses them if they know the route home.
Yeah, experienced reporters, but what about if you're Ollie Uttley, or Georgie Littlejohn?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]