:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 40 % :laughing: 20 % :cry: 10 %
By Boiler
Marina Hyde, on form as ever.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... s-election

As Rishi Sunak tooled around Disneyland last week on his family holiday, I tried to imagine his government as a theme park. Instead of a rollercoaster, there would be a sign reading “Keir Starmer doesn’t want you to have a rollercoaster”. Instead of a log flume, there would be an artlessly defensive attempt to convince you that “the blob” says you can’t even not have a log flume any more. There would be no foot-long churros; foot-long churros are woke. The wrong type of visitors would be invited to “fuck off back to Disneyland Paris”.
Living in permanent campaign mode was one of the many diseases gifted to our politics by Boris Johnson, whose sole political philosophy was “I should be prime minister”. Once he became prime minister, he didn’t have a thought in his head as to what he wanted to do with the job, and anyway wasn’t any good at it. Yet Johnson’s sole political philosophy became “I should stay prime minister”. These days, his sole political philosophy is “I should be prime minister again”.

There is a similar failure of imagination at the heart of this entire current government, whose intellectual and ideological underpinnings these days amount to asking: “Don’t you realise Labour would be worse?” I’m sure we all hate to break it to the Conservatives, but the British people are well into the “so what?” phase of their engagement with that particular question.
By Yug
John Crace doing what he does best

RishGPT recycles old soundbites as last vestiges of credibility crumble
John Crace

It was never going to be pretty. Even if school buildings hadn’t been found to be collapsing all around us, the first prime minister’s questions of the new session was always likely to be brutal for Rishi Sunak. The government’s attempts to seize control of the news agenda over the summer had backfired badly. Small boats week, NHS week and crime week had all left ministers trying to explain why nothing was going as planned. It was as if the idiots had taken over the asylum. Which of course, they have. Only the idiots are left. To be a halfwit in the current Conservative party is a status symbol. Most are far dimmer than that...

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ty-crumble
Now read on
mattomac liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:34 pm

Yes Zoe wanting to ban a dog breed that has literally killed people is classist.
Where does she say she wants to ban them? I got the opposite impression.
By MisterMuncher
I absolutely subscribe to "no bad dogs, just bad owners", which, of enjoying, makes her take more classist than the dog ban.
By Malcolm Armsteen
I'm afraid I subscribe to 'bad owners choose bad dogs'. I see her point that ownership of some sorts of dogs may lead to classist assumptions, but I don't see where she advocates a ban, or how that is classist.
By The Weeping Angel
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:27 pm

Yes Zoe wanting to ban a dog breed that has literally killed people is classist.
That isn't what I meant I was pointing out how ridiculous her claims of wanting to ban XL Bullys was classist is ridiculous.
By The Weeping Angel
MisterMuncher wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:29 pm I absolutely subscribe to "no bad dogs, just bad owners", which, of enjoying, makes her take more classist than the dog ban.
That's like when gun owners in America say guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people. The XL Bully is simply too dangerous to be kept as a pet.
Last edited by The Weeping Angel on Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By MisterMuncher
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:54 pm
MisterMuncher wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:29 pm I absolutely subscribe to "no bad dogs, just bad owners", which, of enjoying, makes her take more classist than the dog ban.
That's like when gun owners in America say guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people. The XL Bully is simply too dangerous to be kept as a pet.
Nah.

A gun doesn't become aggressive in and of itself because it's owned by a cunt.
By Youngian
MisterMuncher wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:34 pm
Nah.

A gun doesn't become aggressive in and of itself because it's owned by a cunt.
It appears quite a few own XLs. Good bit of balanced reporting on the subject
A surge in American Bully XL dogs arriving at their shelter has been reported by Stoke-on-Trent's City Dogs Home. https://www.itv.com/news/central/2023-0 ... esert-them
By Malcolm Armsteen
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:47 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:27 pm

That isn't what I meant I was pointing out how ridiculous her claims of wanting to ban XL Bullys was classist is ridiculous.
Then please do us the honour of writing what you mean.
By MisterMuncher
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:40 pm I'm afraid I subscribe to 'bad owners choose bad dogs'. I see her point that ownership of some sorts of dogs may lead to classist assumptions, but I don't see where she advocates a ban, or how that is classist.
Well, that's the other side of it, isn't it? It's quite hard to separate it all out, and the ban approach is something of a blunt instrument, inevitably catching some perfectly decent people with completely agreeable dogs.

Much like I'm sure there's some perfectly pleasant folks of even temperament and courteous disposition driving old-model white Audi A4s
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]