:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 40 % :laughing: 20 % :cry: 10 %
By kreuzberger
Abernathy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:29 am Eh? What? Eaten?
Moi? I don’t know what you could possibly mean!

Actually, if we are going to eat cows, pigs, donkeys, horses and sundry other vertebrates, the argument against Staffi-salami weakens to the point of it being little more than irrational sentiment.

For the record, I abstain from pork, even at the football. As a lapsed veggie, I have no qualms, other than that consuming their flesh makes mine stink of theirs. It is not disgusting per se , but it is nonetheless disconcerting.
Oboogie liked this
By Abernathy
I wonder what they think they’re going to achieve? So they have a massed walkies of XL Bullies and with luck, nobody gets eaten. That proves precisely fuck all.

Except, possibly, that the owners of XL Bully dogs really are as fuckwitted and stupid as they’re rumoured to be.
By Tubby Isaacs
Less than positve reaction to Nils Pratley on HS2,

HS2 is the international standard, it's not "gold plated". Aside from the points made by William Barter, for it to work properly, it has to be fast. Only a fast line properly relieves the existing lines and is competitive with air travel. Better to do it slowly and properly than faster and not.

By Boiler
Found this BTL comment on a piece by John Crace, which I felt was worth sharing:
Perhaps prime ministerial memoirs ought to be subject to the thirty year rule on publication. We wait decades for great national prime ministerial leadership and then five Conservative political duds arrive at once. Flash, Brash, Trash, Crash and Cash...

Flash Cameron
The supercilious air. The condescending tone. The nauseating attitude to others. Spawned the chaos of the last decade. Swanned off.

Brash May
The haughty disposition. The author of the 'nasty party' label. The hateful attitude to migrants with the hostile environment and van plan. Hovers on the benches to no effect.

Trash Johnson
Trashed Downing Street. Trashed the country. Trashed the concept of prime ministership. Trashed everything.

Crash Truss
Crashed the economy. Crashed the Conservative party. Crashed any fragment of reputation she might have possessed.

Cash Sunak
No history. No hinterland. No heft. No humility. No humour. No heart. No hope. Knows the cash price of everything but the value of nothing apart from his personal wealth. Snide. Sneers a lot.

Flash, Brash, Trash, Crash and Cash. Political dwarves all. The personal wealth derived from the so-called memoirs ought to be given to national charities of voters' choice. But only if the charities were willing to accept.
kreuzberger, Yug liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
George Monbiot phoning in rubbish here.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... g-projects

In which George gets the opening estimate of HS2 wrong by 50%, then goes for a Trump style "one estimate is £150bn". No mention of inflation at all. Complete with a fake figure for the current estimates.

Add in "imagine what we could do instead". We don't have to imagine, Sunak and Hunt are telling us. Tax cuts.

This isn't that different to lots of rubbish written on the subject, but the icing on the cake is this "lizardmen" bollocks.
I think it is one instance of the endemic disease that plagues this country, a disease that withstands changes of government, democratic scrutiny and the Tories’ austerity programmes. It’s a disease whose name everyone knows in Brazil, where I used to work and learned my politics. But it is seldom diagnosed here, though it seems just as prevalent. Clientelism.
For a bloke who makes so much of his "fully sourced" articles, no source at all on this. No names offered for the guilty men who sit in the Treasury, Hs2 Ltd and DfT apparently secretly working for construction companies all along cunningsly adding billions to the costs. He doesn't name names because he'd be sued to hell.

What's even worse is the smug sense he's sticking it to the "lobbyists". That's likely the complete opposite of the case.

Andrew Gilligan for Policy Exchange.

By davidjay
One way to show HS2 in a good light would be to explain how the money it's costing isn't disappearing into some black hole. It's paying wages for everything from casual staff interviewing walkers on public footpaths a few years ago to blokes what drive big diggers for the next decade. That money gets recycled into the economy and wherever anyone employed on the project is working there will be spending on hotels, meals and all the rest. I don't doubt there will be some cronyism but a lot of the cost will be providing investment.
kreuzberger liked this
By Bones McCoy
Abernathy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:34 pm I wonder what they think they’re going to achieve? So they have a massed walkies of XL Bullies and with luck, nobody gets eaten. That proves precisely fuck all.

Except, possibly, that the owners of XL Bully dogs really are as fuckwitted and stupid as they’re rumoured to be.
With a bit of luck the dogs will chow down on the other owners.
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:46 pm One way to show HS2 in a good light would be to explain how the money it's costing isn't disappearing into some black hole. It's paying wages for everything from casual staff interviewing walkers on public footpaths a few years ago to blokes what drive big diggers for the next decade. That money gets recycled into the economy and wherever anyone employed on the project is working there will be spending on hotels, meals and all the rest. I don't doubt there will be some cronyism but a lot of the cost will be providing investment.
But tories be like

It belongs in a m^Hu^Hs^He^Hu Offshore Account.
By Boiler
No no, HS2 really is woke and that's why the costs are so high.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rsity.html

GUY ADAMS: Wokery has derailed HS2 - wonder why the costs keep going up and up?

[...]

It isn't all bad news, though. Do a bit of research, and you'll find evidence that the troubled rail project's demise could actually be a great relief for lots of vulnerable groups, including Manchester's vibrant gay, lesbian and transgender community, plus the many prostitutes who ply their trade in Mr Burnham's city centre.

How do we know this? Well, it's all laid bare in a quite remarkable official report that was published last year by High Speed Two Ltd, the taxpayer-funded company that is supposed to be building the whole thing.

The document, which runs to no fewer than 145 pages, is described as an 'Equality Impact Assessment'. It appears to have been commissioned because HS2 bosses were required, by law, to establish whether the construction of a 52-mile stretch of the railway, linking Crewe with Manchester Piccadilly, might somehow upset minority communities.

As an exercise in largely pointless bureaucracy, the whole thing is hard to beat. Over page after torturous page, HS2 tells readers how building a train line might somehow impact people with 'protected characteristics'.
Not half as torturous as that load of tedious wank is.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]