:laughing: 100 %
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:48 am "Squealer" Jones has pointed out that 20,000 Afghan refugees amounts to about a miserable and pathetic 8 people per constituency.
Maths is Kryponite for demagogues on the left and right. It throws up answers that would require you to rethink your views. But at least get it right when it does validate your POV.
By Abernathy
Have youse noticed that the typical Express-online story these days consists of an account of some dismally inconsequential occurrence on popular pleb-TV, accompanied by the reproduction of several social media reaction tweets from said intellectually challenged plebs? And errr….that’s it.

And to think that this was once a widely-respected and internationally renowned newspaper.
By Boiler
Yes, I remember my great-uncle Sam would studiously read it when it was still a broadsheet: a man far more intelligent than his position in life would indicate at first glance, he was so resistant to my great-aunt having a telly that could receive the appaling ITV that when he did relent, he would retire to the front parlour and read a book whilst she watched the low-brow programming.

He wouldn't recognise the paper now from the one of Beaverbrook's day.
By Rosvanian
I'm amazed that the Express is still going. Its print circulation has dropped like a stone which isn't offset by any significant online presence. I haven't looked on the website for years so I just took a sneak peek and, lo and behold, Andrew Neil has resigned from GB News. To paraphrase the Express:"fans will be gutted". The thought than Neil has 'fans' is disturbing.
By AOB
Rosvanian wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:05 pm I'm amazed that the Express is still going. Its print circulation has dropped like a stone which isn't offset by any significant online presence. I haven't looked on the website for years so I just took a sneak peek and, lo and behold, Andrew Neil has resigned from GB News. To paraphrase the Express:"fans will be gutted". The thought than Neil has 'fans' is disturbing.
Online, the Express seems to exist solely by alarmist clickbait. Sentences from quotes presented out of context and worse case scenarios used as headlines etc. I'm still waiting for the Siberian winter they seem to have been forecasting every late Autumn for two decades.
By Cyclist
A batshit old biddy writes...

Woke please read! A love letter to a lost England of decency and respect MARGARET DOWNIE

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expre ... iption/amp
As a child of the last war - my primary school years neatly encompassed the whole of it - I (and everyone else) was exposed to wartime drama which built very close family ties as trips away any distance were a non-event. Ill-health was a given.

I, along with all others, acquired in sequence:

* whooping cough

* measles

* german measles (this left me hard of hearing while another child in our class actually died from it)

* mumps

* chickenpox

* meningitis (this acquired at 11 plus age left me even deafer - and the child who gave it to me died)

* and finally polio.

I did escape scarlet fever.

However as antibiotics were not available I also was riddled with infection and in 1940 sent to a makeshift hospital near the banks of the Thames called Goodmayes where my tonsils and adenoids were removed in one day.

Two days later most of my teeth were removed.

I was there for two months and parents could visit for two hours only on a Sunday, just two people as there was little room.

We were in the midst of fighting a war there and great flashes on the walls which lit up the rooms as the Luftwaffe's bombs dropped.

Strangely, I don't recall anyone being frightened...
Now read on, if you dare.

A lost England of decency and respect

NO BLACKS

NO IRISH

NO DOGS
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]