:sunglasses: 16.7 % :laughing: 83.3 %
By Andy McDandy
I was banned after saying that Andrew Bridgen MP was a massive cunt and even his own family thought so.

Given he was in a lawsuit against his brother, which he subsequently lost, I feel slightly vindicated. No intention of going back though.
By MisterMuncher
Youngian wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:18 pm
AOB wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:54 am People can buy a blue tick now meaning famous people will get fake accounts posing as them. This also means in this new Twitter world of posting what you like without repercussions someone can create an OfficialElonMusk account along with blue tick and post Tweets advocating all kinds of stuff that is the polar opposite of Musk's viewpoints. They can post a lot of heinous comments S him too making out he is guilty of the most heinous crimes imaginable. He's not thought this through has he. Anyway, I'm glad I'm not famous. If you are you are absolutely fucked. Thousands of blue tick accounts posing as you. Oh dear.
I assume Musk has some better ideas in the bag to recoup his $44bn. Also not a good plan is bigging up Trump in expectation of future favours. Twitter is much more of a people business than Musk’s tech enterprises and he’s a fucking terrible human being (see Tweets about Pelosi’s husband).
His tech businesses survive because he has some very savvy financial folks absolutely rinsing governments for every subsidy, tax break, kick back and grant going. He's the very model of Libretarians-as-housecats, sustained almost entirely by the largesse of others but so oblivious the system he believes he's doing it all himself (plus a tendency to lick his own arse in public).

I can only guess said financial bods are busily trying to angle Twitter as a "free speech platform" and somehow use that as a springboard into gathering (mostly US) campaign money.

There's a broader point about the SIlicon Valley SOP of promising the earth and just hoping that the engineers deliver something vaguely resembling that before the VC runs out. Musk has been incredibly lucky to have hired the right engineers/bought the right company, and to have somehow attracted a following immune to his product's many shortcomings. The difference between him and, say, Elizabeth Holmes or Juicero is much, much narrower than anyone wants to admit.
Spoonman, Dalem Lake liked this
By AOB
There was a good item on BBC Breakfast this morning about Musk's chaotic, inconsistent and hypocritical start as Twitter owner. People did indeed sign up in his name along with blue tick, prompting Musk to ban them, and so making a mockery of his tweet that "comedy is now legal again on Twitter", not to mention the free speech he is so passionate about. Comedy and free speech is okay but only if you agree with it eh, Elon?
By Andy McDandy
Librarians' forum Libraries Connected is seeing some discussion. Most people saying it'll be likely dead and gone by Monday.

On the plus side, I may never have to read "Celebrities took to Twitter..." as a newspaper story desperately tries to pad itself out.
By satnav
I'm not a big fan of Joe Lycett but I really admire the way he has triggered all the right wing commentators on twitter by 'appearing' to shred £10,000 as a protest at David Beckham being paid £10m to promote Qatar. Apparently the likes of Nadine Dorries etc would have preferred it if he had given the money to homeless people instead.
mattomac liked this
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:16 pm I'm not a big fan of Joe Lycett but I really admire the way he has triggered all the right wing commentators on twitter by 'appearing' to shred £10,000 as a protest at David Beckham being paid £10m to promote Qatar. Apparently the likes of Nadine Dorries etc would have preferred it if he had given the money to homeless people instead.
There's a classic rightist response to Dorrie's sort of virtue signalling.

"How many thousands do you give to the homeless Nadine?".
By Andy McDandy
To which the rightist response would be "that's not the point". Lycett, you see, is a lefty (and worse than that, a lefty luvvie who embarrassed the righties a few times recently, so must pay), therefore if he doesn't put his money where his mouth is, he's done a HIPPOCRASEE which is of course the worst crime out there. Dorries on the other hand is honest about being a righty cunt, so whatever you think of her, at least you know where you are with her and she's no HIPPACRIT.
By MisterMuncher
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:18 am
satnav wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:16 pm I'm not a big fan of Joe Lycett but I really admire the way he has triggered all the right wing commentators on twitter by 'appearing' to shred £10,000 as a protest at David Beckham being paid £10m to promote Qatar. Apparently the likes of Nadine Dorries etc would have preferred it if he had given the money to homeless people instead.
There's a classic rightist response to Dorrie's sort of virtue signalling.

"How many thousands do you give to the homeless Nadine?".
We can't help the homeless of the UK because people are starving in Africa, who we also can't help because there's homeless in the UK?
By Abernathy
MisterMuncher wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:34 pm

We can't help the homeless of the UK because people are starving in Africa, who we also can't help because there's homeless in the UK?
Haven’t you heard? We need to “look after our own”. Except we, errrr… don’t.
By Yug
Oboogie wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:17 pm I'm getting lots of new followers. Each one has just joined Twitter and, despite having an English sounding name (sometimes male), have profile pictures of a scantily clad South East Asian looking woman. I think there's been about 15 of them in the last couple of days.
You've got groupies!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]