:sunglasses: 16.7 % :laughing: 83.3 %
By Youngian
Cleese pumping out what he knows to be a deliberate lie just to provoke a reaction is the MO of the tabloids he’s spent his life railing against.
Python references have become almost zeitgeisty since Brexit*, why not mention that on GBNews, John.
*A favourite being Varafakous on David Davis: A man of limited IQ running a Pythonesque ministry of silly Brexit walks.
Arrowhead liked this
By satnav
I did a bit of research and found that Cleese was asking why Monty Python was not being shown on the BBC back in 1989. Cleese has clearly had money troubles for some time now due to several expensive divorces. His performing days are finished so the only way he can make money now is by appearing on channels like GB News moaning about being cancelled.
By Yug
Where's Windsor Davies when you need him?

Elon Musk has suffered the biggest loss of wealth in modern history, with his net worth dropping by more than $200billion (£166bn).

The billionaire, who recently took over the social media site Twitter, lost over half of his fortune over the last 13 months...

https://www.nme.com/news/elon-musk-suff ... se-3372432
Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I just can't seem to be able to muster any sympathy whatsoever.
By Spoonman
With T*itter now having killed their API for use by third-party apps, it's rendered my Tweetcaster software useless on my tablet & phone and like feck and I going to use the bluebird's own app (which wasn't great before and all news I'm seeing makes it even less user-friendly these days). So my time on Twitter's gonna be a good bit more limited now if I decide to stick around on it for long - especially if Elmo continues to gaslight, bluff and poisons the shit out of the place.

As it is, I'm noticing some familiar faces now popping up gradually on Mastodon which is slowly starting to become more relevant for me.
By Yug
This won't be cheap

Twitter is being sued by the Crown Estate over alleged unpaid rent for their London headquarters.

The Estate - which oversees a property portfolio belonging to the King - filed a claim against Twitter in the High Court in London last week, according to Reuters news agency.

The alleged arrears relate to office space near Piccadilly Circus in central London, the BBC has been told.

The social media giant has not responded to requests for comment.

It comes after Elon Musk, the world's second richest man, paid $44bn (£36bn) to take control of Twitter in October last year before slashing more than half of the firm's global workforce of around 7,000.

The Crown Estate took legal action after previously contacting Twitter about rental arrears over office space at Air Street.

The Estate is one of the UK's largest landowners and an independent commercial business, generating profit for the Treasury for public spending. The monarch is then given 15% of the annual surplus of the estate, known as the Sovereign Grant, to support official duties...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64381582
By Yug
Musk really is showing his mettle as boss of Twitter

Twitter is being sued in Germany by two groups claiming the social network failed to remove six posts attacking Jewish people and denying the Holocaust, after they were reported.

The posts were published after billionaire Elon Musk bought the platform in October 2022.

But his tweets, which now represent most of the company's communications output, have not mentioned the case.

Antisemitism and Holocaust denial are illegal in Germany.

They also violate Twitter's own terms and conditions...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64404590
I'm not sure the overgrown kidult quite understands the trouble his company could land him in.
By Yug
Why am I not surprised by this?

Elon Musk accused US media of racism on Sunday, defending racist comments made by Dilbert cartoon creator Scott Adams on YouTube last week.

Twitter's CEO tweeted media that used to be racist against non-whites is now "racist against whites & Asians".

In the video, Mr Adams, who is white, said black Americans were part of a "hate group" and white people should "get the hell away" from them.

Several US outlets dropped the cartoon over the weekend in response.

In the same tweet, Mr Musk continued to allege that "elite colleges & high schools in America" are also racist.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-6479065
Musk shows once again that without money he'd be a total nobody, with absolutely nothing going for him as a human being.
By Spoonman
Without wanting to make big a song & dance about it, I've decided to give up Twitter & deactivated both my spoonyfrommwf account & my local weather bot account from the service and plan to let them expire after 30 days. The public treatment by M*sk over a (former) employee, Halli Thorleifsson, mocking his disability especially, a few days afo was the final fucking straw for me. The only good to come out of this is that "Elmo" was forced into making a grovelling public apology to Halli, probably after his lawyers had freaked out when they seen his tweets.

I know disabling two accounts won't have any notable effect on the whole, but fuck him. As a wise man once told me, "Even if you have all the money in the world, you can't buy class."
By Rosvanian
Spoonman wrote:Without wanting to make big a song & dance about it, I've decided to give up Twitter & deactivated both my spoonyfrommwf account & my local weather bot account from the service and plan to let them expire after 30 days. The public treatment by M*sk over a (former) employee, Halli Thorleifsson, mocking his disability especially, a few days afo was the final fucking straw for me. The only good to come out of this is that "Elmo" was forced into making a grovelling public apology to Halli, probably after his lawyers had freaked out when they seen his tweets.

I know disabling two accounts won't have any notable effect on the whole, but fuck him. As a wise man once told me, "Even if you have all the money in the world, you can't buy class."
It might not make a difference to Twitter but it will make a lot of difference to you to be rid of such a hideous distraction, irritation and black hole of negativity . Fuck it. As M People put it (sorry), ou're moving on upImage
Bones McCoy, Dalem Lake liked this
By kreuzberger
I found this -

https://abbrevia.me/

- and ran my Twitter username through it. A useless pile of old bollocks, obvs.
Based on the user's tweets, they project an image of being opinionated, sarcastic, and critical of politicians and bigots. They talk about a variety of topics, including politics, music, sports, and current events. They often use humor and irony in their tweets, and they are not afraid to express their strong opinions.
By Bones McCoy
Nobody seems to have produced a copy of the BBC impartiality rules.
Nor have they explained why they apply to Lineker, when other serial offenders are available.

There's a pattern emerging through.
A pattern that is not necessarily to PM Sunak's advantage.

Sunak has unveiled a coupe of achievements recently.
Achievements that would have been hailed as "major coups" if spaffer and his minions were in charge.
Each has been undermined bu dead cats thrown form his own rear-ranks.

I think there are two possible explanations, I can't yet decide which is more likely.
Are spaffer's minions deliberately undermining Sunak's "good news", preparing for another leadership bid?
Are the nut-right tories so addicted to culture war that they cannot enjoy their own wins?

Maybe it's something completely different, reflecting Sunak's lack of authority over his party and client media.
Watchman liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]