:sunglasses: 16.7 % :laughing: 83.3 %
By Bones McCoy
I generally go with Frankie Howerd's advice to "Twitter ye not".
But a lot gets cross-posted here and on facebook, so it's difficult to avoid completely.

Trending tonight #GazzaUnderAttack

I expected a sadly declining former footballer carrying a fishing rod and a roast chicken, but what they mean is:

Gaza Under Attack
By Bones McCoy
Brian Bilston’s response to being offered a complimentary Daily Mail on a flight is just wonderful

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... ful-298623

Brian Bilston, who is often described asthe “Poet Laureate of Twitter”, said he would rather eat “Quavers that are six week’s stale” and “blow dry the hair of Gareth Bale” than read one page of the Daily Mail.
By Bones McCoy
A great twitter thread that nails the client media.

https://twitter.com/Number10cat/status/ ... 9611211776

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">People try to tell you what to think every day. Here are what some individuals and organisations told you about Liz Truss and her government’s “mini-budget” - perhaps worth remembering next time they try to tell you something…<br>1. The Daily Mail <a href="https://t.co/hYRPZccAAw">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Larry the Cat (@Number10cat) <a href="
15, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
By Bones McCoy
Watchman wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:48 pm Seeing as this thread has Twitter in the title, I post here.
Elon Musk; what’s the future for Twitter?
I really don't know.

Musk has made some noises about consulting broadly to create a better platform.
This sounds positive.

He has also kited the idea of un-banning the likes of Trump, Hopkins and Tommeh.
This has the deplorables salivating at the prospect of more shitposting.

Musk is likely in it for the money as much as publicity.
If major advertisers get cold feet because of regular calls for civil wars and final solutions, that won't help the bottom line.

I really want to see the broadcast media treating Twitter as a document of record.
Because it's really just the branefarts of big millions of randos.
By MisterMuncher
From what I understand, most of the redundancies are being made in standards/moderation and compliance. This way Elon gets a fig leaf of saying content policy hasn't changed, but as there's no one to actually enforce it, it's meaningless.
By MisterMuncher
Oddly enough, as a pretty heavy and quite sweary tweeter, I myself have never been subject to any disciplinary measures from Twitter, whilst much milder folks certainly have been, so there was always an element of luck and inconsistentcy in Twitter mod policy anyway. It just wasn't deliberately engineered as such.
By davidjay
MisterMuncher wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:34 pm Oddly enough, as a pretty heavy and quite sweary tweeter, I myself have never been subject to any disciplinary measures from Twitter, whilst much milder folks certainly have been, so there was always an element of luck and inconsistentcy in Twitter mod policy anyway. It just wasn't deliberately engineered as such.
Islamophobics had about a 10% chance of being pulled up; you could report a dozen and be lucky if a couple were upheld.
By MisterMuncher
I suppose in my defence I was only ever a wanker to bigger wankers.

I did get blocked by Toby Young*, Kate Hoey** and James Corden***, so I can only conclude I did something right.

*His followers took umbrage to something I said, resulting in death threats of an extremely weak kind. Pointing out that I'd been threatened by a better class of cunt did it for old Tobes.
** Absolutely no idea. Being a fenian in public, probably.
*** Responding to his requests for who should be next on carpool karaoke with "a fucking fire" and "typhoid Mary"
By AOB
People can buy a blue tick now meaning famous people will get fake accounts posing as them. This also means in this new Twitter world of posting what you like without repercussions someone can create an OfficialElonMusk account along with blue tick and post Tweets advocating all kinds of stuff that is the polar opposite of Musk's viewpoints. They can post a lot of heinous comments S him too making out he is guilty of the most heinous crimes imaginable. He's not thought this through has he. Anyway, I'm glad I'm not famous. If you are you are absolutely fucked. Thousands of blue tick accounts posing as you. Oh dear.
By Youngian
AOB wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:54 am People can buy a blue tick now meaning famous people will get fake accounts posing as them. This also means in this new Twitter world of posting what you like without repercussions someone can create an OfficialElonMusk account along with blue tick and post Tweets advocating all kinds of stuff that is the polar opposite of Musk's viewpoints. They can post a lot of heinous comments S him too making out he is guilty of the most heinous crimes imaginable. He's not thought this through has he. Anyway, I'm glad I'm not famous. If you are you are absolutely fucked. Thousands of blue tick accounts posing as you. Oh dear.
I assume Musk has some better ideas in the bag to recoup his $44bn. Also not a good plan is bigging up Trump in expectation of future favours. Twitter is much more of a people business than Musk’s tech enterprises and he’s a fucking terrible human being (see Tweets about Pelosi’s husband).
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]