:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 43.8 % :cry: 6.3 %
By satnav
If Twitter is anything to go by the people who are most keen on a Truss premiership are current ministers hoping to cling onto their ministerial salaries along with the dregs of the old Brexit Party like Richard Tice and Patrick o' Flynn. Do these people think that Truss is going to be the second coming of Thatcher or do they just think that Truss will be a lot easier to manipulate than Sunak?
By davidjay
Spoonman wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:22 pm I see in the latest brain fart/bone given to gammons to suck on is Sunak suggesting that people who have an "extreme" hatred of Britain could be sent to deradicalisation camps.

Good fecking luck trying to cover alone the cost of such people living in Northern Ireland.
Or even in our house.
Watchman liked this
By Bones McCoy
Spoonman wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:22 pm I see in the latest brain fart/bone given to gammons to suck on is Sunak suggesting that people who have an "extreme" hatred of Britain could be sent to deradicalisation camps.

Good fecking luck trying to cover alone the cost of such people living in Northern Ireland.
Maybe he can outsource the service; take a few Uighurs off the Chinese hands (for money obvs).
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:36 pm If Twitter is anything to go by the people who are most keen on a Truss premiership are current ministers hoping to cling onto their ministerial salaries along with the dregs of the old Brexit Party like Richard Tice and Patrick o' Flynn. Do these people think that Truss is going to be the second coming of Thatcher or do they just think that Truss will be a lot easier to manipulate than Sunak?
Very much the latter.

Most of the Truss cheerleaders regard Thatcher as a dangerous remoaner leftie.
By Abernathy
I wonder whether Sunak and/or Truss have a list of ten “pledges” that they can “ditch” once they’re elected and which the lunatic fringe of the Tory party can then spend an eternity on social media condemning their new leader for allegedly doing ? Not sure who the Tory Owen Jones is, but you get the picture.
By Bones McCoy
RedSparrows wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:03 pm I find it strange that the Tories are spending their entire time showing the entire country how intellectually and morally bankrupt their membership is, and they seem ok with it.
There's one on a hobby forum I frequent.
Always moaning, always seeing enemies in everything.

Reading the room is very much a dump stat* for Tory pub bores.

* Dump Stat: A thing in role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons.
A player creates a character who is very weak in one attribute (eg low intelligence fighter, or a low strength wizard)
in order to spend more points on a core ability.
The play style; often referred to as minimaxing, is enjoyed by power-gamer groups, but deprecated by
those who prefer the improvisational acting aspects of the games.
By satnav
I still see a scenario in which Truss gets a big win on September 5th and then uses her acceptance speech to call a snap general election. This would ensure Truss would have another 6 weeks of wall to wall national exposure on top of the two months of exposure she has received during the leadership election.

All this exposure plus loads of positive headlines in the press could be enough for Truss to secure a working majority particularly if Labour have not got a fully written manifesto ready to go.
By Abernathy
satnav wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:35 pm I still see a scenario in which Truss gets a big win on September 5th and then uses her acceptance speech to call a snap general election. This would ensure Truss would have another 6 weeks of wall to wall national exposure on top of the two months of exposure she has received during the leadership election.
Well, Thick Lizzie is certainly stupid enough to try turning that unlikely hypothesis into reality. But nobody chucks away a 76 seat majority lightly. A far more (in)credible scenario I’ve heard recently involves the “Tory grandees” persuading Truss to go to the country in order to lose. The “thinking” being that things -the cost of living crisis, Brexit shit hitting the fan big time, and all the rest of the shite - have got SO bad that the Tories would be better off out of it and would benefit from a term of renewal in opposition, having handed a gigantic poisoned chalice brimming with diaorrhoea to an incoming Labour administration and anticipating a failure by Starmer that’ll let them back in in reasonably short order.

I don’t give either scenario much credence, TBH.
All this exposure plus loads of positive headlines in the press could be enough for Truss to secure a working majority particularly if Labour have not got a fully written manifesto ready to go
Labour WILL have a full manifesto. The Clause V meeting, which finalises every election manifesto, does not take place until the election has been called and the campaign is under way.
Last edited by Abernathy on Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Malcolm Armsteen
The latest seems to be to replace 'number' with 'arithmetic' and 'shape' with 'geometry'.

Umm...

They aren't the same thing. except to the ignorant.

>edit<
These pronouncements are designed to chime with Tory party members. What ignorant cunts they must be. I despise them.
Youngian liked this
By mattomac
I see they’ve both focused on Universities with plans that aren’t feasible both ideas will backfire, Truss can’t really force Universities to start in January (though a fair few have gone to all year enrolment for courses).

And the way to implements Sunak’s idea would be restrict the courses you can get a loan for, they could work with the sector to implement their practical places of learning but they just want to demonise.

They don’t have a clue about the sector, they are working on the basis that it’s like Educating Rita but with “woke kids”.

One thing this last 3 weeks has told me… they have no ideas.
By satnav
A few years ago I was at an event for the creative sector where one of the speakers was an academic who was talking about the different jobs his students had got after graduating. He said two thirds of his graduates had ended up getting jobs with job titles that simply didn't even exist three years earlier. Which goes to show how silly Rishi's proposals are.
mattomac liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]