:sunglasses: 34.8 % :pray: 13 % :laughing: 34.8 % :cry: 13 % :🤗 4.3 %
By Tubby Isaacs
I'm trying to think how long election campaigns used to last. I recall 6 weeks in 1997 was considered rather long at the time, but it seems like it's fairly standard now. That feels too long to me. But I'm reassured it'll feel longer to Sunak.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Mon May 27, 2024 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Andy McDandy
Watchman wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:16 am Bring back the rope? Reform are already there, especially for suicide bombers
Shades of Stewart Lee on American reactions to Bin Laden's death - "We should have hanged him in Times Square so he could see how it felt!".
By Youngian
Are Con-Reform switchers even Tories, really? Or are they people who once voted Lib Dem, UKIP and only switched to May and Bozo to get Brexit done and keep out Jez?

Reform/Brexit Party still stood in some seats in GE2019 as part of their deal with the Cons. Presumably because many would rather switch to another party other the Tories if there was no BXP candidate.
If only 40-50% of Reform voters would switch to the Tories with more reactionary policies, that’s not to be sniffed at in a tight race.
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:17 pm I thought "more Maths" was just Sunak jamming. But apparently it's an actual policy.

You'll know Mister Sugden* from PE class.
Now he'll be taking you through differential calculus, trigonometry and geometric series.

* From film Kes - played by the great Brian Glover.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
The Tories are more confident about defence in Scotland than anywhere else.

Confidence evidently based on having someone else to front the campaign. Not that Douglas Ross is very popular.
Douglas Ross, the Scottish Conservative leader, has launched his party’s general election campaign with a speech where he barely mentioned Westminster or Tory policies, and never once said Rishi Sunak’s name.

In another mark of how the Tories are focusing heavily on local campaigns and not their record, Ross devoted his speech to attacking the Scottish National party government in Edinburgh and the SNP’s sleaze row over Michael Matheson’s iPad expenses claim.

He failed to mention Sunak’s new pledge not to tax pensions, or the cuts to national insurance rates, or the tens of millions spent by the UK in Scottish regions, until those policies were raised by newspaper reporters.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]