:sunglasses: 25 % :pray: 25 % :laughing: 37.5 % :cry: 12.5 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
He's done it again, the bastard.
After stating categorically at the start of the pandemic that the virus wasn't spread in the air, just wash your hands - despite all the previous knowledge that corona viruses are spread by aerosol transmission - the Ratboy was steadfastly refused to countenance masks, better ventilation and air quality monitoring in schools.

Until, of course, the pressure mounts and he caves in.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... entilation

Schools now have about two weeks, during the holidays when most heads will be taking a very well deserved break after eighteen months of being shafted by the adulterous fireplace salesman he has flipped and said that all schools will have CO2 monitors. Presumably one per classroom... I wonder if there are that many available? Of course not. They will be installed as they become available, so not this year. I wonder what schools will do when they find that ventilation is inadequate? Replace windows at several million quid?

You can get a decent monitor for £85 (we use one in the shop) but fuck knows how much they will cost when provided by the company of a Tory donor.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Therm-Mode-Det ... 162&sr=8-7

(Our school had a designed-in ventilation flow. The Fire Brigade banned it and put fire doors in everywhere. Ventilation ceased, the toilets stank, people got ill. I suspect that happens a lot in old buildings, And there's no jobsworth like a fire precautions jobsworth).

Some quotes
This week the seven unions representing staff working in schools wrote to Williamson asking the government to “urgently” provide air-monitoring and ventilation equipment for the start of the new school year.

Geoff Barton, the general secretary of the Association of School and College Leaders, said: “We have repeatedly called for government investment in ventilation systems for schools and colleges to help tackle the risk of coronavirus transmission, and we are therefore pleased that there is finally a plan to do something practical about this issue by providing carbon dioxide monitors.

“In truth, this equipment should have been in place ready for the start of the autumn term, and arguably a lot earlier in the crisis, but it is a case of better late than never.”
Kate Green, the shadow education secretary, said: “Identifying poorly ventilated areas is just a first step; the government has still done nothing to actually improve ventilation despite calls from Labour, education professionals and parents. The Conservatives’ chaotic, last-minute approach has created confusion for schools, parents and pupils throughout the pandemic. They are still failing to learn from their mistakes and plan ahead, risking further disruption to children’s education.”

Deliveries of monitoring units to special needs schools and alternative provision units will be prioritised, with the DfE saying all nurseries, schools and colleges are expected to receive at least partial allocations during the autumn term. That would enable all settings to monitor areas where they believe airflow may be weakest.

The absolute cuntism of it.
By satnav
What Rat Boy and his colleagues won't admit in public is that the education system has become so fragmented in the last 10 years that it is now impossible to manage. In most areas now you will have a handful of LEA schools, plenty of academies, a few Free School, the odd Technical college (UTC) and a few Faith schools. With such a wide range of organisations running schools it is impossible to have a co-ordinated response to issues like a lack of ventilation in schools.
By Cyclist
Gavin Williamson Outdoes Himself In Latest TV Appearance, Earns Dominic Raab Comparisons
A vintage performance from the education secretary.

Gavin Williamson infuriated people up and down the country when he appeared on breakfast programmes this morning to discuss children’s return to school.

On BBC Breakfast the education secretary continually side-stepped how he was focusing on increasing ventilation in schools to reduce Covid infection rates, as it is one of the most proven methods of preventing the spread of the virus.

But, then he claimed pupils should continue using classrooms with windows that cannot open, as CO2 monitoring programmes are being rolled out instead.

Seconds later, Williamson admitted they have not yet been installed in classrooms – even though pupils across England and Wales have begun to return to the classroom this week...

...Asked if he could rule out school closures again, Williamson told LBC radio: “I will move heaven and earth to make sure that we aren’t in a position of having to close schools.”

But the Education Secretary did not rule out a rise in infections being caused by schools reopening.

After being asked repeatedly, Williamson told Sky News: “This is why we’re doing the testing programme and we’re encouraging children to take part in it, parents, and of course teachers and support staff as well. This is a way of rooting out Covid-19.”...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... yiiBYRVkQM

Is there no start to this man's talents?
By kreuzberger
So, the Boy Gav has done an ignorant, bordering on a racism.

Lebedev's Standard breaks the story, it is amplified by the suave stenographer himself, Tom Newton-Dunn, and features in all BBC News' bulletins, as well as enjoys in-depth analysis on the PM programme.

Substitute the word "breaks" for "is fed" and it doesn't look good for Gav.
By mattomac
He was again thinking aloud at some conference, the Universities should do this and that… I think when they removed their funding and changed them into businesses that sort of came to a end.
Trying to teach "complex molecular biology techniques" was much harder over Zoom, he told the conference at Northumbria University.
Statements like that from a man who couldn’t tell two black sportsmen apart really is baffling.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-58504263

I was against it being under Business, Skills and Innovation but both Willetts and Jo Johnson were a vast improvement on this guy, if only his brother moved Jo across I wouldn’t mind that move.

Williamson must be the worst of the lot well it’s him or Patel and the former effects me employment wise and the latter probably affects my relationship.

Utter dog toss.
By Tubby Isaacs
I'm not any kind of expert on universities, but I think Business wasn't a bad place for them to be, in retrospect. In terms of public policy, they can punch above their weight there. In Education, they get outranked by schools. Though I suppose if Williamson was overseeing them as a Business minister, you'd still get the same nonsense.
mattomac liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Yeah, I think, in terms of serious policy, and Education Minister will see schools as the bread and butter. I think they probably always did, but more so now given academization has put the DfE much more at the centre of things than it used to be,

At Business, I think it's the opposite. Universities loom much more large in that brief- see how David Willets and Jo Johnson built a profile there, as ministers of state. I think that's probably a healthier place to be, provided the minister basically gets universities, as those two did, and doesn't want everybody studying STEM or plumbing.
By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:42 pm Yeah, I think, in terms of serious policy, and Education Minister will see schools as the bread and butter. I think they probably always did, but more so now given academization has put the DfE much more at the centre of things than it used to be,

At Business, I think it's the opposite. Universities loom much more large in that brief- see how David Willets and Jo Johnson built a profile there, as ministers of state. I think that's probably a healthier place to be, provided the minister basically gets universities, as those two did, and doesn't want everybody studying STEM or plumbing.
Interestingly there is a minister for Universities, Michelle Donelan (never actually heard of her), studied at York doing History and Politics, odd how all these BA students hate BA courses.

She worked for the WWE for a while so she will be used to reusing the same old shit and making money from it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]