:sunglasses: 33.3 % :pray: 33.3 % :laughing: 33.3 %
By Boiler
I'm surprised this loathsome individual (and believe me, it was hard to be as restrained as that) hasn't got her own thread yet.

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/05/18/beyo ... nd-police/

The Home Secretary is reviewing the report of an independent panel investigating the murder of private detective Daniel Morgan 34 years ago, in an unprecedented move which the panel believes is “not consistent” with its independence.
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:11 am I'm surprised this loathsome individual (and believe me, it was hard to be as restrained as that) hasn't got her own thread yet.

The Home Secretary is reviewing the report of an independent panel investigating the murder of private detective Daniel Morgan 34 years ago, in an unprecedented move which the panel believes is “not consistent” with its independence.
I remember that case being referenced during Leveson.
A heady cocktail of bent Met coppers, and Murdoch goons.
That may provide some kind of clue why there are further attempts to undermine it.

And whatever happened to Leveson?
By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:30 pm
Boiler wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:11 am I'm surprised this loathsome individual (and believe me, it was hard to be as restrained as that) hasn't got her own thread yet.

I remember that case being referenced during Leveson.
A heady cocktail of bent Met coppers, and Murdoch goons.
That may provide some kind of clue why there are further attempts to undermine it.

The enquiry or the individual?
By Malcolm Armsteen
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:30 pm

Didn't the 2019 Tory Manifesto specifically state that they would not proceed with Leveson II?

Which is a weird thing to put into a manifesto, except that it will be read by the editors of the Mail, the Telegraph, the Express etc. And was probably written in conjunction with Murdoch (or one of his drones).
By Boiler
kreuzberger wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:13 pm If she and her goons play silly games with this, it has "LEAK" written all over it, together with - not inconceivably - a host of accusations and anecdotes which couldn't quite be stood up for inclusion in the official tome.

Popcorn time...
Either that or they'll be coining overtime at the whitewash factory. How many reports have been delayed in recent years (e.g. Chilcot, "Russia") and how many leaks came from those?

This is something that's been kicked down the road for so long it has entered the realm of "who he?", sadly.

From https://news.sky.com/story/daniel-morga ... d-12310637
The family of a private detective killed with an axe in a pub car park have accused the home secretary of "ignorance" and "unwarranted interference" after the publication of a report into his death was delayed.
A remarkably charitable description of the Home Secretary.
By kreuzberger
The report is of and by an Independent Panel, whatever that is. But, unless it is subject to the Official Secrets Act, I presume they could knock out the latest Osborne & Little range with it, should they choose to do so.

That being the case, copies will be winging their merry way to The Guardian, Channel Four News, and depending on the contents, the usual international actors such as Der Spiegel and El Pais.

Without the full force of the law, Patel hasn't a leg to stand on.
By Crabcakes
Patel's obvious bullshit aside, it has had the rather excellent unexpected outcome of the Streisand effect - not many people had heard of an inquiry into an old murder. Now, it's being picked up by US journalists.

Because it was so ham-fisted, it has raised the profile - and interest in the contents - of the report considerably.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]