:sunglasses: 33.3 % :pray: 33.3 % :laughing: 33.3 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Watchman wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:36 pm This one may be for the religious nutters thread
I’ve always found the phrase “the Tory party at prayer” an interesting one; I get the middle England, Christian thing, and turbulent priests aside, none too challenging for said demographic and allows them to feel good about themselves. However, cursory glance at how a good proportion of those who follow the Church of Rome in Britain think and what they believe in, will reveal thinking much in line with current Tory views on how they want society to react. JRM is a very much a thin end of the wedge, there are some quite extreme views out there, which don’t necessarily fit with a fair and just society
I don't know if the Rees Mogg stuff works here. It does, for conservatives anyway, work in America, where a Rees Mogg would fit straight in on abortion. Compare that with Johnson trying to stop abortion pills and having 72 of his own MPs tell him to fuck off.
By Bones McCoy
Watchman wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:36 pm This one may be for the religious nutters thread
I’ve always found the phrase “the Tory party at prayer” an interesting one; I get the middle England, Christian thing, and turbulent priests aside, none too challenging for said demographic and allows them to feel good about themselves. However, cursory glance at how a good proportion of those who follow the Church of Rome in Britain think and what they believe in, will reveal thinking much in line with current Tory views on how they want society to react. JRM is a very much a thin end of the wedge, there are some quite extreme views out there, which don’t necessarily fit with a fair and just society
Odd, isn't it.
The Tory ranks in the C of E haemorrhaged devotees to Catholicism in the wake of something liberal that they disapproved of.
Now they find themselves at even greater odds with the Pope.

The Tory Party at Prayerwas an old idea, in recent generations it served the Turnip Taliban types to get their offspring into the nice school.
By Samanfur
Those pesky activist lawyers and judges're frustrating the government and The Will of the People (TM) again:

Priti Patel abandons ‘pushbacks’ in Channel days before legal challenge

Priti Patel has abandoned her plan to use pushbacks in the Channel days before the policy was set to be challenged in the High Court.

Correspondence from the government legal department on Sunday night states that the Home Office had withdrawn the policy due to the fact that the Ministry of Defence (MoD) was taking over operations in the Channel.

The judicial review claims, lodged by the PCS Union, Care4Calais, Freedom from Torture and Channel Rescue, have now been withdrawn, with the Home Office having agreed to pay the claimants costs.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Crabcakes
I’m certain she is too ignorant and too stupid to see what’s happening here, but Priti Patel could do a lot worse to note that she is just as likely to be on the unpleasant end of the consequences of her policies as any other non-member of the middle aged white boys ex-Eton club.

Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]