:sunglasses: 41 % :pray: 8.6 % :laughing: 29.5 % 🧥 4.8 % :cry: 12.4 % :🤗 3.8 %
By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:17 pm In other news, the 2.6 million briefing room has been mothballed, and Johnny Mercer has been sacked, his "resignation letter" basically accusing Johnson of being all mouth and no trousers.

OK Mercer was trying to protect soldiers from prosecution, which isn't exactly the noblest of causes, but it's the first chink in Johnson's armour.
There'll be a bit of Mailite Top Trumping going on over that resignation.
Bones McCoy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:28 pm
Care to expand on "connected".
Are you implying she's the Scout Regalia* of the London tories?

* A very expensive "town bicycle" M'Lud.

https://scoutregalia.com/products/sr-bicycle
IIRC involved with the son on some environmental "charity" of the sort that doesn't seem to do much save offer trips to sunny places for people who can afford them anyway. Although getting rich connected Brits into contact with morally flexible equatorial regimes might be a prize in itself.

As for the Triumph Regalia, I prefer the analogy that she's working through the party like a 90s ladette presenter through a premiership team.
By Nigredo
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56819137

The most naked of naked corruption.

Surely this has got be it for the pork haystack? Or will his client press sweep it under the rug with barely a whimper of outrage?

Their use of the pandemic is like Germany in 1934.
Oblomov wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:44 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56819137

The most naked of naked corruption.

Surely this has got be it for the pork haystack? Or will his client press sweep it under the rug with barely a whimper of outrage?

Their use of the pandemic is like Germany in 1934.
The client press broom has "Don't you know there's a pandemic on" painted on its handle.
By Nigredo
Cyclist wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm Point 1 in Arrer's post above is a bit insensitive. I don't think any woman who has just buried her husband of over 70 years is going to want to hear happy birthday wishes. But that's Johnson all over :roll:
He's got previous:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... mar-temple
Cyclist wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm Point 1 in Arrer's post above is a bit insensitive. I don't think any woman who has just buried her husband of over 70 years is going to want to hear happy birthday wishes. But that's Johnson all over :roll:
All very "But did you enjoy the performance Mrs Lincoln".
By Youngian
44 percent is his later approval rating. Sick of reading considered analysis of his popularity that avoids patronising or insulting voters, as they don’t wash. We’re living through the last gasp era of the self-entitled white man who know who Trump, Le Pen and Johnson are and want them to be absolute cunts towards anyone who isn’t them. Tories who take leadership acumen and character seriously have deserted the party and only ever existed in small numbers.
By Nigredo
I see little difference between the Tories and the GOP in America now, just political movements for blatant greed and self-interest pretending to embody traditional values of the nation state.
Oblomov wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:04 pm I see little difference between the Tories and the GOP in America now, just political movements for blatant greed and self-interest pretending to embody traditional values of the nation state.
Same funders, same strategists, same wingnut outliers.

The only difference is presentation:
The tories will send a well dressed man with a double-barreled moniker and impeccable manners to rob you.
The rebubs will send ol' Leatherface from Qanon, and a gang of gun-totin' neckbeards.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Samanfur, Nigredo liked this
Youngian wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:07 am So tech savvy Cummings downloaded the texts before being booted out. I assume we’ve only had a taster.
Given Cummings only thinks he's tech savvy in the same way he only thinks he's a genius, I assume what he's actually got is a sheaf of photocopies where he put Johnson's phone on the copier. Regrettably this means 30% of the texts are lost because for those ones he had it on the glass the wrong way up.
By Nigredo
Boiler wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:14 pm After the Priapic Shitbag's latest comments on climate change :

He just can't allow himself to be somber or serious can he? Don't listen to those namby-pamby dour scientists with their Doomsday predictions, just roll up your sleeves and muck in and British Bulldog spirit will see us through!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]