:sunglasses: 28.1 % :pray: 14 % :laughing: 33.3 % 🧥 1.8 % :cry: 14 % :🤗 7 % :poo: 1.8 %
By Cyclist
I almost feel sorry for a Tory :o

Britain's new science minister George Freeman has given a clear commitment to European collaboration on research.

Speaking at the launch of a new UK space strategy he said international collaboration was vital in helping to advance this fast-growing sector.

And he said this meant, in particular, strengthening ties with Europe, not diminishing them.

The minister is keen to "land" as soon as possible associate memberships to key EU science programmes.

These include the multi-billion-euro HorizonEU framework on R&D across Europe, and (directly in the context of space) the Copernicus/Sentinel Earth observation system.

"As a very strong Remain campaigner in 2016, part of my mission here is to make sure that we deliver a very strong collaboration with Europe, both through the European Space Agency and through a number of other programmes," Mr Freeman said.

"[We want space to be] the first area in which we demonstrate very clearly that the UK might have left the European political union, but we're not leaving the European scientific and cultural and research community. Far from it.

"In fact, we want to make sure that post our withdrawal from the EU, we become an even stronger player in that research community. I mentioned Copernicus, specifically - we see it as a vital part of the ecosystem," he told BBC News.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-58708121
A remainer, so probably at least half sane, given the seemingly-impossible job of forging closer ties with Europe by a man who deliberately cut all ties with Europe* and who says we don't need Europe but wants a World-Beating TM space industry, so is now demanding closer ties with Europe so as to realise his vision of a World-BeatingTM independent Global BritainTM. Have I got this right?

*Well, nearly, but hasn't done anything at all to formalise the arrangement.

The Brexit agreement between Brussels and London made provision for the UK to stay within the science programmes of the EU, but, nine months after Britain's withdrawal from the Union, the protocols have yet to be tied down.

It's hoped the publication of a new space strategy and a supporting budget in next month's Comprehensive Spending Review will clear the way for a Copernicus association at the very least.
By AOB
Tories and their voters ridiculously blamed Gordon Brown for the 2008 crash. Now Britain is facing various shortages and they are in Government the wider world suddenly exists. Something is a global issue when they are in power and Labour's fault when they aren't. I get ya. :roll:
Abernathy, Spoonman, Oboogie and 1 others liked this
By Cyclist
Handling this well, aren't they.
Thousands of Germans who live in the UK have been written to by the government asking them to drive lorries in an attempt to ease the UK fuel crisis, even though the majority have never been at the wheel of an HGV.

They were included in a 1m-letter mass mailing that also tried to recruit ambulance drivers to get behind the wheel of lorries.

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/20 ... uel-crisis

I've never had a driving licence, can I have a go?
By mattomac
And yet they are saving on usage for the business, energy costs and so on.

The charity sector doesn’t seem to have a single job without Hybrid working and most Universities seem to be the same. In fact even a job with Liverpool FC which I looked at it was split working.

My experience over recent months suggests that in policy, comms, advice there is a push for Hybrid.

One I applied for in Salford is 4 days at home unless impossible.

I’m going back to two days maximum from next week but it’s only because I have some face to face requirement.
By Tubby Isaacs
Mr Loder was one of the MPs who didn't like the National Trust talking about history because it "must neither be sanitised nor rewritten to suit 'snowflake' preoccupations".

Only a small majority for Remain in Mr Loder's seat. 14,000 majority, but the Lib Dems are very clear second. Probably a few nimby votes to swing away from him.
By Watchman
Liz Truss 2021 -
Dominic Raab 2019 to 2021
Jeremy Hunt 2018 to 2019
Boris Johnson 2016 to 2018

The above are the current, and previous Foreign Secretaries of State since Brexit; given that this is the most senior diplomatic post in the government, and then you consider the UK's current standing and relationship with the rest of the world, it begs the question - what the fuck have they actually been doing?
By Cyclist
Watchman wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:10 am Liz Truss 2021 -
Dominic Raab 2019 to 2021
Jeremy Hunt 2018 to 2019
Boris Johnson 2016 to 2018

The above are the current, and previous Foreign Secretaries of State since Brexit; given that this is the most senior diplomatic post in the government, and then you consider the UK's current standing and relationship with the rest of the world, it begs the question - what the fuck have they actually been doing?
Whatever it was, you can guarantee they were doing it to the very best of their abilities.
By Andy McDandy
We look back on Hunt as almost some throwback to the grand and noble tradition of Palmerston or something, while we need to remember that during his time at or near the top, he was best known for:

1. A Spoonerism.
2. Getting schooled by Stephen Hawking.
3. Shilling for Murdoch.
4. Ruining the NHS.
5. Hiding behind a bush.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Lung cancer is something you don't get over.

My father (would have been 103 this week) was the same age as him when he died of the same disease. It shattered our family, I hope that Brokenshire's can come through it.

Very supportive messages from Yvette Cooper and Jess Phillips praising his kindness and willingness to help constituents. An opponent, not an enemy.
Oboogie, mattomac liked this
By Andy McDandy
When I heard his name earlier today, I mistook him for one of the ERG mob. On reading his biog he comes across as, as Malcolm says, an opponent. Seemed to acknowledge the gravity of his job in NI too.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]