:sunglasses: 28.1 % :pray: 14 % :laughing: 33.3 % 🧥 1.8 % :cry: 14 % :🤗 7 % :poo: 1.8 %
By Youngian
This might be the most Tory name ever. Orpen-Smellie was a Regimental Lieutenant Colonel of the Parachute Regiment which was a position also held by his dad Larry. According to the Telegraph obit, Larry was one of the country’s top crack shots and served with distinction in Northern Ireland.
Giles sounds like a good guy to live next door to. Home made honey and burglars dealt with robustly.
I have been married for over thirty years and my wife and I have two grown-up children. We live near Fakenham and enjoy keeping a few sheep, some hens and lots of bees as well as growing our own vegetables.' https://www.norwichconservatives.com/pe ... en-smellie
Attachments
D7EF0562-4C22-4225-BB65-F3008C074788.jpeg
D7EF0562-4C22-4225-BB65-F3008C074788.jpeg (911.33 KiB) Viewed 23103 times
By satnav
I saw a tweet earlier from Tory MP Chris Clarkson where he appears to be trying to recruit an apprentice to work in his team at Heywood and Middleton. Does this mean that Tory MP's are using tax payer funded apprenticeships to work in their constituency offices?

https://www.findapprenticeship.service. ... ip/-615078
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Cyclist
Meanwhile, in Torytown, where mad Nad once had her constituency office, the natives are revolting. The image below has appeared in one of the local FB groups. The comments below it read like a Mail Watch thread, with not one word of support for our 'local' MP, and no support shown for the rest of the government either.

Is this a sign of Tory voters finally waking up? Probably not, but it's nice to see. Especially here in Tory Central.
Attachments
215416612_1645697482293263_6168143995171558245_n.jpg
215416612_1645697482293263_6168143995171558245_n.jpg (103.87 KiB) Viewed 22719 times
Oboogie liked this
By Dalem Lake
Cyclist wrote:Meanwhile, in Torytown, where mad Nad once had her constituency office, the natives are revolting. The image below has appeared in one of the local FB groups. The comments below it read like a Mail Watch thread, with not one word of support for our 'local' MP, and no support shown for the rest of the government either.

Is this a sign of Tory voters finally waking up? Probably not, but it's nice to see. Especially here in Tory Central.
In a word, no. I see the exact same thing in my local FB groups about our MP, Peter Bone. The guy is constantly slagged off on his views, his cronyism, and the fact that he's seen more on TV than in his constituency, yet his vote count and share has increased every election since he first got in.
Arrowhead liked this
By Youngian
Dan hasn’t Tweeted since January to give us his considered in-sights into Covid and Brexit. But broke radio silence last week for a parachute jump. He turns the odd article like this one warning El Presidente Juanson of the dangers of populist South American economics. Hannan’s record does give credence to the view that this is not the Brexit he wanted. But they all fall to pieces when written down so tough shit Dan for getting Peron instead of Patrick Minford.
Attachments
C12C3827-FB1E-44BE-950E-BD6371BACF10.jpeg
C12C3827-FB1E-44BE-950E-BD6371BACF10.jpeg (930.89 KiB) Viewed 20691 times
11AC9524-35BA-4910-BF2A-CAFCF7AC3EF3.jpeg
11AC9524-35BA-4910-BF2A-CAFCF7AC3EF3.jpeg (788.84 KiB) Viewed 20691 times
By Tubby Isaacs
I'm just listening to it now. I've virtually lost the will to live before we've even got to the questions.

If Latin's so useful (which I agree it is) why hasn't he remembered more of it from school? I would assume he'd have done compulsory Latin to O Level at Eton. Then there was some bollocks about how education needs to stretch people (as if the alternative to doing Latin is playing sticklebricks). Then some more pompous bollocks where he says somebody "woke" said chucking Latin about discriminates. Jakey says you want to level up where everyone "feels comfortable with Latin". I'm perfectly comfortable with Latin, having a degree in Classics and Modern Languages. What I'm not so comfortable with is people who, by their own admission, look up quotations in Latin to make themselves seem clever.

In fairness to him, Tominey gets the pronunciation of the last quote completely wrong. What she says doesn't make sense.
By Andy McDandy
Thing is, we imagine (thanks to centuries of it being used as an 'elite' language, countless films etc) Latin delivered in stentorian tones, from the likes of Olivier or Christopher Plummer. In reality Latin, especially vulgate Latin would have been delivered in a rapid fire manner, with plenty of gesticulation. Less Juvenal, more Joe Pesci.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]