:sunglasses: 28.1 % :pray: 14 % :laughing: 33.3 % 🧥 1.8 % :cry: 14 % :🤗 7 % :poo: 1.8 %
By Yug
Questions are being asked of a Conservative MP over people being redirected to his website.

Two MPs in Devon, Conservative Simon Jupp and Richard Foord, Liberal Democrat, will go head to head in the general election in a new constituency.

It emerged anyone typing in RichardFoord.uk, RichardFoord.co.uk or RichardFoord.com would be redirected to Mr Jupp's site.

Mr Jupp told the BBC he was "not responsible for the web domains".

Richard Foord is currently MP for Tiverton and Honiton

Mr Foord, MP for Honiton and Tiverton, said: "When we talk to people across Mid and East Devon, they tell us they want their representatives to play it straight and be honest.

"Links that look genuine but simply redirect to Conservative websites only serve to arouse suspicion and undermine trust...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... 739728.amp
Why does this not surprise me? (wrong answers only)
By Abernathy
I quite enjoyed reading this. Hope you do, too.

https://conservativehome.com/2024/04/0 ... my-stupid/

It’s (not just) the economy, stupid
Through all this, ministers trudge on, the absence of a positive agenda filled with growing speculation about the scale of the coming defeat. At least MPs appear to be waking up to their plight. Last week’s MRP poll predicting the party would be left with only 155 MPs was treated as a good result, if only because one earlier in the week had suggested a figure of just 98.

MPs have three options. They can believe Number 10’s Comical Ali routine, hope that a small uptick in growth leaves voters feeling better, and pray for re-election. Or they can be realistic, announce they are standing down, and begin the hunt for a more rewarding career. Or they can indulge in their favourite hobby: leadership speculation. Smash the glass marked ‘Sir Graham Brady’.
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Matthew Goodwin explained for us,
Taking notice of the likes of Goodwin is what got you in this mess as you now seem to realise. No mention of whether the Tories are doing well on anti-wokeness among voters.
Every morning brings another postcard from the gloom. Even if we may have already exited a recession, workers have less disposable income than five years ago. GDP per capita has been shrinking for almost two years. The NHS has record-low approval ratings as the number waiting more than 24 hours in A&E surges to ten times its 2019 level.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Watching Gutto Hari on Sky. Immediately Willywraggler is mentioned he's onto Angela Raynor should have resigned.

To be fair the other news-prober and the presenter* jumped on him, but he persevered. Clearly he's been told the line to take, it's identical to all the other Tories, her 'crime' is equivalent to breaching national security and putting her colleagues at risk of blackmail or worse.

Man's a cunt.

*Usually a nodding dog when being overwhelmed by Tory shit.
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote:Rayner’s probably right to say nothing as Starmer did with the curry night nonsense. There’s no investigation pending but according to Laura K on Sunday there are “new allegations in the press” and “People are talking about it.”
The "hypocrisy" angle seems to be failing, but what does it actually amount to? Buying her council house? Not selling it immediately she got married to somebody with their own house? Not publishing legal advice? What?
By Andy McDandy
As said, it's the sort of thing that newspaper "property experts" have been advising readers to do for years. So what, bit of corner cutting is necessary to get ahead.

And even on the "But she's an MP and held to higher standards" note, her alleged offence pales into insignificance beside quite a few Tories. If the press decide that everyone's fair game, Sunak may come to regret this.
By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:26 pm As said, it's the sort of thing that newspaper "property experts" have been advising readers to do for years. So what, bit of corner cutting is necessary to get ahead.

And even on the "But she's an MP and held to higher standards" note, her alleged offence pales into insignificance beside quite a few Tories. If the press decide that everyone's fair game, Sunak may come to regret this.
Yep, I said that on the other thread. One man's avoidance is another man's tip out of the Sunday paper, or something the solicitor flagged up.

I'm not a huge Tony Benn fan, but he got similar "lefty hypocrisy" shit for a bit of basic tax planning. To its credit, The Telegraph covered it sympathetically as something their readers could do.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/per ... t-too.html
By Bones McCoy
Reports now state that Wragg has resigned the whip.
Had to do for himself what Sunak and Hunt were too frightened to do.

And so we bid farewell to a member (fnarr) who combined three Mailwatch favourites.
* Dodgy torying.
* BUMSEX!
* Piss dungeoneering (allegedly).

Less a golden handshake, and more a golden shower.
Arrowhead liked this
By davidjay
Youngian wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:43 pm Nomination for an all time worst excuse
He said: "I have been suffering with mental health issues and at times have not even been aware of what I have tweeted.
I know that mental health is nothing to be scoffed at, but it never makes sufferers want to join the Lib Dems.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Youngian wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:43 pm Nomination for an all time worst excuse
He said: "I have been suffering with mental health issues and at times have not even been aware of what I have tweeted.
In which case he is not in suitable condition to make decisions as a councillor...
By Watchman
AKA; I've seen what that Houchen bloke can get away with, so I'll get the taxpayer to buy it, and then pass ownership to one of my developer mates
kreuzberger liked this
By Bones McCoy
In 1983, the Cambridge University Industrial Society, which was then a bastion of entrepreneurial Conservatives, organised a trip to the Greene King brewery, to include a tasting session.
Unfortunately, the membership turned up in their coach on the wrong day.

You know the headline.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]