:sunglasses: 28.1 % :pray: 14 % :laughing: 33.3 % 🧥 1.8 % :cry: 14 % :🤗 7 % :poo: 1.8 %
By satnav
The thing is that there are lots of old hotels like the Grand up and down the country and they are never going to make any money. I stayed in the Palace hotel in Buxton a few years ago and it was bloody awful. The rooms are quite big and expensive to heat and keep clean. About the only thing it had going for it was a big swimming pool but that had been badly neglected.The whole place just needed knocking down and replacing with a eco friendly modern hotel.
By Watchman
Almost double the original figure.

Michelle Donelan used £34,000 of taxpayer funds to cover libel costs
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... SApp_Other
By Crabcakes
Latest YouGov poll has Labour 26 points clear on 45%, and the Tories on 19%.

These are starting to not be outliers. I think Sunak gambling on waiting has backfired and people who they might just about have hung on to are now inclined to be voting against them because they’re sick of it being dragged out. Plus reform are doing well enough they won’t pull a bait and switch because they can sniff a full-on takeover in the offing. He’s put himself in worst possible scenario territory - a generational wipeout.

Which is, of course, richly deserved and absolutely to be enjoyed come election day.
By Andy McDandy
The Mail - the fucking Mail - is today running an article by Starmer saying he's a safe pair of hands defence-wise. Labour trusted more than the Tories on defence now. Mail getting approving (for context, in 1997 only the Mail and Telegraph held out in support for the Tories). Fucking ouch.
By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:00 am The Mail - the fucking Mail - is today running an article by Starmer saying he's a safe pair of hands defence-wise. Labour trusted more than the Tories on defence now. Mail getting approving (for context, in 1997 only the Mail and Telegraph held out in support for the Tories). Fucking ouch.
That'll go down well with the cult.
Oboogie liked this
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:00 am The Mail - the fucking Mail - is today running an article by Starmer saying he's a safe pair of hands defence-wise. Labour trusted more than the Tories on defence now. Mail getting approving (for context, in 1997 only the Mail and Telegraph held out in support for the Tories). Fucking ouch.
Andrew Peirce rushed to clinic suffering suspected "fit of the vapours".
By Oboogie
davidjay wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:10 am
That'll go down well with the cult.
Yep, that's the proof they were waiting for, Starmer's a Zionist Nazi NATO puppet.
By Tubby Isaacs
It isn't going down well with some. Saying you support the nuclear deterrent and might use it (clue is in the name deterrent) is apparently the same thing as saying you want to kill millions. The Jez policy of renewing Trident purely as a Keynsian job creation scheme for Unite members is of course much more sensible. And have these people not noticed what Trump is saying?

As it happens, the policy on raising spending "when we can" is basically meaningless anyway. But you have to say it because the other side say it, and there's no point letting them beat you on Defence just with talk.
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:13 pm What do you get if cross Fidel Castro with Rocco Forte? No not Len McCluskey but the Tory mayoral candidate for North Yorkshire
I stayed in that hotel a while ago. It was pretty basic but I liked it for its history and massiveness. I was also paying not very much to stay there. I'm not an expert on the hotel trade, but "government corporation to bring back upmarket tourism to Scarborough" looks like a money pit wairting to happen.
By Rosvanian

I'm prepared to put up with most things to get Labour back in to power but talking to the Mail or any of the filthy right wing press is crossing a red line as far as I'm concerned. A fucking disgrace.
By Tubby Isaacs
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:10 am Latest YouGov poll has Labour 26 points clear on 45%, and the Tories on 19%.

These are starting to not be outliers. I think Sunak gambling on waiting has backfired and people who they might just about have hung on to are now inclined to be voting against them because they’re sick of it being dragged out. Plus reform are doing well enough they won’t pull a bait and switch because they can sniff a full-on takeover in the offing. He’s put himself in worst possible scenario territory - a generational wipeout.

Which is, of course, richly deserved and absolutely to be enjoyed come election day.
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:17 pm I’m not an expert on the hotel trade, but "government corporation to bring back upmarket tourism to Scarborough" looks like a money pit wairting to happen.
Knocking it down for a caravan park would probably be better for tourism but Duncan has captured the public imagination.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]