:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 33.3 %
His crowning achievement comes down to convincing Al Johnson that they were both Very Smart People, and that's probably not that difficult. I don't know how well telling people what they want to hear works when reality starts to contradict it
By kreuzberger
I have enjoyed today, after a fashion.

That satisfaction is not borne of the childish mirth that posh people were using naughty words in open court, not because all of that which we knew to be inept and dysfunctional during Covid went auobiographical. No, it was that Cummings resigned from every reputable job which he will never be offered, not now, today or tomorrow.

He is the very worst of us. A cunt, as he might say.
By Crabcakes
I hope he is back on board - he’s an idiot who makes things considerably worse whose one ‘trick’ (lie at elections) is now a busted flush. His performance today and in general will make no one want to work with him or loop him in because he’s incapable of taking responsibility for anything and thinks everyone else is incompetent.

Plus I’m not so sure he’s just avoiding dropping Sunak in it as a further up yours to Johnson.
By Watchman
Tin foil hat time; on the one hand Sunak may try to keep DomCum onside in order to keep his name out as much as possible, and in return get Dom a few invites to his CaliTechBro’s as Dom thinks himself as such a genius at data manipulation and would love to be in that circle
By Andy McDandy
John Crace in with the Guardian's Elbow:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... of-his-ego
Dom has never met anyone to whom he hasn’t instinctively wanted to be rude. It took all his control not to foul-mouth the lead counsel, Hugo Keith. The inquiry room frequently crackled with passive aggression.

Here’s the thing about Dom. He doesn’t just assume that everyone else is a borderline moron, he knows that he’s the cleverest man alive. He can’t remember the last time he was wrong about anything. The trouble is that he’s just not quite as smart as he thinks he is.
Spad to Michael Gove. Just about the only person in government for whom Cummings has time. But only because Mikey is merely a halfwit compared with everyone else’s confirmed status as quarterwit. A director of Vote Leave. Then for a year Johnson’s chief adviser in Downing Street. And that was it. Nothing for more than three years. Dom has hardly been rushed off his feet. Or inundated with offers.
Matt Hancock, Grant Shapps, Gavin Williamson and Liz Truss. Braindead liars every one of them. Weirdly, this was one of several occasions when one thought Cummings actually had a point.
Dom seemed to want applause for this. Thanks from a grateful nation and a quasi-courtroom for having spotted Johnson’s total unsuitability for any public office. For having done his best to point him in the right direction and stopping him following a course that could have killed us all.

Only let’s think this one through. Some of us – make that many of us – realised Johnson was a dangerous liability decades ago. We saw him for what he was and yelled it from the rooftops. A man who didn’t believe in anything except his own exceptionalism. So where was Dom in all this?
A man who liked to think of himself apart from the establishment – a hero to wannabe anti-heroes everywhere – turns out to be no better than the elite he professes to despise. Because deep down he always was one of them. The rules are for the little people.
And that's just the highlights. Have a read, it's coruscating.
By Youngian
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:15 am I hope he is back on board - he’s an idiot who makes things considerably worse whose one ‘trick’ (lie at elections) is now a busted flush.
There’s a thread from a few weeks back about Dom being back on board. Sunak’s disastrous anti green/woke strategy following the Uxbridge by-election does look like it has Cummings’s fingerprints all over it. Carry on Dom.

Hard to pick a stand out quote in Crace’s piece but :lol:
Spad to Michael Gove. Just about the only person in government for whom Cummings has time. But only because Mikey is merely a halfwit compared with everyone else’s confirmed status as quarterwit.
By Youngian
Anti-establishment in this context means too shit or mad to be selected as Conservative PPCs. And that’s a bar so low, pythons can clear it. The more right wing vulture parties the better.
One of Westminster’s most controversial figures is making fresh efforts to re-insert himself at the center of British politics.
Former Downing Street aide Dominic Cummings has been organizing a series of focus groups to get the public’s views about a potential new anti-establishment party.
He wrote in his Substack email last August that he wants a new party focused on issues including cutting immigration, closing tax loopholes for “the 1 percent,” investing in public services and dramatically reforming the civil service.
It has the placeholder name of The Startup Party (TSP) and Cummings wants it to be filled with entrepreneurs, NHS workers and military veterans. https://www.politico.eu/article/dominic ... new-party/
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:00 pm They're all the same, and they're all the BNP in suits.
The conceit that Tory Gollum could ever be anti-establishment is absurd.

I don't know who's funding this.
But anybody with "fund a political party" funds is either establishment or a foreign wealth fund.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]