:sunglasses: 31.3 % :pray: 12.5 % :laughing: 43.8 % :cry: 12.5 %
By Oboogie
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 pm Is he actually going to do this?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... enger-duty
Cost of flights to rise as Rishi Sunak prepares to raise air passenger duty
Exclusive: chancellor to boost green credentials by hitting environmentally damaging long-haul flights
That's going to emphasise the stupidity of Brexit even more, holidaymakers will be craving the days when they had cheap easy access to sun kissed beaches in France, Spain, Greece and Italy.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By mattomac
Oboogie wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:55 am
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 pm Is he actually going to do this?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... enger-duty
Cost of flights to rise as Rishi Sunak prepares to raise air passenger duty
Exclusive: chancellor to boost green credentials by hitting environmentally damaging long-haul flights
That's going to emphasise the stupidity of Brexit even more, holidaymakers will be craving the days when they had cheap easy access to sun kissed beaches in France, Spain, Greece and Italy.
I don’t think those are holidays that will get hit, that’s the thing as I said I could fly once to Brazil and back and yet someone could fly 4 or 5 times to Spain.

I think levy on flights taken. Also seems he wants to lower levy on the inter city flights which are the most pointless of all.
By kreuzberger
We have sworn off flights of under than 1000 km. The Kreuzette's firm has mandated it, in any case. I have done the same with our outfit. The train, it is.

As far as long haul is concerned, another 50-100€ in APD wouldn't make one iota of a difference so we would just live that too. The difference in the UK is that the cash would all be shovelled in to pockets which are far from sustainable or even remotely justified.
By Tubby Isaacs
Heavyweight social policy expert, Andrea Leadsom, yeah, I bet she came up with new evidence that had escape the Labour governments. Just a strange coincidence that it involved spending money on the same stuff.

Rishi would be better off admitting they got it wrong before.
Asked about another budget announcement unveiled in advance for £500m to help early years provision, Sunak denied this was tacit acceptance that it had been wrong for Conservative-led governments from 2010 to cut Sure Start centres.

The new investment was based on work done by colleagues such as the former business secretary Andrea Leadsom on early intervention, he said.
By Youngian
kreuzberger wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:03 pm We have sworn off flights of under than 1000 km. The Kreuzette's firm has mandated it, in any case. I have done the same with our outfit. The train, it is.

As far as long haul is concerned, another 50-100€ in APD wouldn't make one iota of a difference so we would just live that too. The difference in the UK is that the cash would all be shovelled in to pockets which are far from sustainable or even remotely justified.
I read Sweden is reviving overnight rail travel. A civilized way to travel reaching your destination before any colleagues on flights. If you’ve come across Jon Worth on your travels around Berlin he’s a mega nerd on the subject
https://jonworth.eu/
Nigredo liked this
By Cyclist
Millions of public sector workers are set to see their wages rise next year after the government confirmed their pay freeze is being lifted.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak will use his Budget on Wednesday to say nurses, teachers and members of the armed forces are among those set to benefit.

A "temporary pause" in salary progression was introduced last November as a response to the pandemic.

Labour says tax and price rises mean families face a cost of living crisis.

The public sector pay freeze was part of the government's response to what it described as the "economic emergency" caused by Covid, with only the lowest-paid excluded...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59044770
Considering we've not had an actual pay rise since 2011 it's a bit fucking rich blaming it on the pandemic.

In his spending review in November 2020, Mr Sunak said he could not justify an across-the-board increase when many in the private sector had seen their pay and hours cut in the crisis.
What the fuck has the private sector got to do with it? We're already being paid less than for comparable jobs in the 'real world', and the Tories fucked our pensions over so we're faced with either working til we drop or living in poverty when we retire.

Fucking cunt.
By satnav
It is all well and good saying that the pay freeze is going to be lifted but will the chancellor be funding all the potential pay rises? If he doesn't it will inevitably mean job cuts or council tax rises. This just looks like a stunt aimed at grabbing a few favourable headlines ahead of the budget.
Samanfur liked this
By Andy McDandy
satnav wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:21 am It is all well and good saying that the pay freeze is going to be lifted but will the chancellor be funding all the potential pay rises? If he doesn't it will inevitably mean job cuts or council tax rises. This just looks like a stunt aimed at grabbing a few favourable headlines ahead of the budget.
"The caaahncil upped my caaahncil tax when they shoulda fired a few diversity officers!".
Dalem Lake liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]