:sunglasses: 31.3 % :pray: 12.5 % :laughing: 43.8 % :cry: 12.5 %
By Bones McCoy
kreuzberger wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:21 am Ricky is supposed to be dead good at sums and the detail man, right?

Pity he doesn't know the difference between a projection and a prediction. Still, that seems to be at least one thing which he has in common with most of the population.
People like Titch see "good at sums" as an opportunity to con the less numerate.
By slilley
The Times this morning is reporting the work done by Professor Thrasher which would indicate a hung Parliament and which Sunak has leapt upon like a drowning man to a life raft. There are a number of caveats to his projections which when you look at them dont give Sunak the optimism he might have thought. It assumes Labour only winning one seat in Scotland still and that people will vote in a Gneral Election exactly the same way as they did in these elections. Again far from a given.

After Mrs Braverman's appearence on LK yesterday, I would start getting the dust sheets off the furniture in the California home if I were Sunak.

Just one last thought. If the Conservatives lose the election as seems likely, Sunak would resign as party leader. The question is would he go immediately as Gordon Brown did in 2010, leaving Harriett Harman to lead the party in an interim capacity, or would he stay on as Leader of the Opposition until a new leader is elected? A process which could take a number of weeks. As he has never sat on the opposition benches he could find a bit beneath him and vamoose straightaway.

Simon
By Andy McDandy
He's not; he just knows how to project the "Asian maths nerd" image.

His skill with money comes from the principle of having a lot to start with.
By Abernathy
It's a measure of Sunak's utter desperation that he is resorting to a re-tread of the "coalition of chaos" scaremongering that the Tories have deployed many times before. He is more or less acknowledging that the Tories will be out of office come the election.

There are of course, quite a few things wrong with this. As has been pointed out already, Rallings and Thrasher's projected hung parliament is highly unlikely to be realised.

But also, why are people supposed to dread a minority Labour government governing in coalition at all ? Particularly when you consider the absolute chaos that the Tories inflicted on the country in the course of the last 14 years. If coalition government is supposed to be such a bad and chaotic thing, how does Sunak account for the Tory/Lib Dem coalition of 2010 -2015, which, whatever else it was, was remarkably stable and unchaotic.? If it's so bad, maybe the thing to do to avoid it is to make sure of handing Keir Starmer an absolute landslide majority?

Nah. total desperation. I know I keep banging on about this, but I think electors have passed their 1997 style tipping point, whereby they have already made up their minds, and resolved that whenever the election comes, this government is getting voted out.
By Tubby Isaacs
Salmond was a bruiser who for selfish reasons (ie he wanted the Tories to win) played up to the idea that he would force weaky young Ed to rewrite the budget. Nowadays he struggle to force a college tutor to give him a week extension on an essay. Swinney is not going to come close to the same scare factor.

And anyway, it only worked (if it even did) because the Tory economic policy was relatively popular, and the Salmond attack dovetailed with that.

Ludicrous to be going for it now, after a less than chaos-free 7 years.
Arrowhead liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
This is hilarious.
Jo Stuart, Pro Vice Chancellor for International and Marketing Communications at the University of Hertfordshire, said:

“We are thrilled to receive this incredible award and to have both the Prime Minister and the King himself recognise and acknowledge the sector-leading work we are doing in this area.

By Bones McCoy
slilley wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:44 am
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:12 pm Another PMQs where Titchy demonstrates the authority of a "do not tumble dry" label.
I thought you should have called him Tetchy, as especially up against Starmer that’s how he was yet again. The thin skin man
I'e used Titchy Tetchy Richie in the past.

A small man, who's easily bent out of shape.

By Bones McCoy
Well, Ritchie's a lying cunt.

I've read a ton of works on ethics.
I have a lot of sympathy with the Achmeanid Persian "Ride a horse, shoot a bow, tell the truth".
You can keep your Aquinas, the Zoroastrians nailed it in a sentence.

Now did I mention Rishi's a lying cunt.
His feet won't each the stirrups, and tiny little T-rex arms won't accommodate a bow's draw.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]