:sunglasses: 31.3 % :pray: 12.5 % :laughing: 43.8 % :cry: 12.5 %
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:04 pm Yeah, there was a lot of "never voting for the Tories again" among Kippers in 2015. Lots of them did. Cameron did have a more Kipper-friendly card to campaign on than Sunak does now, mind.
Yeah: Cameron - I acted the complete spazzer for remain - "hey chaps Vote 'in' or I can't go skiing four times a year, Yah!".
By satnav
It might be interesting to see how the Reform Party approach the local elections and mayoral elections. If they throw the kitchen sink at the local elections they might pick up plenty of seats and a bit of momentum. But if they spend too much on the local elections they could end up being pretty skint if the general election takes place within a couple of months of local elections.
By Tubby Isaacs
One thing that doesn't cost money and gets lots of publicity for Reform is getting Tory candidates to switch. The only high profile one I can remember is in the Greater Manchester mayor election. Don't know of any sitting councillors switching, come to think of it. This is all underwhelming. The Parliamentary Conservative Party is a mess, but they seem to be holding together at councillor level (even if the candidates don't always trumpet the fact they're Conservatives), and they have the odd good by-election result, especially in Scotland.

But a national bunch of local elections inevitably focuses on Sunak, Hunt etc, and they're not popular. Hard to see that they don't lose loads of council seats, which won't help morale. If you were a Tory councillor who'd built up a personal vote through hard work but got swept away by the unpopularity of the MPs, would you feel like bothering in the General Election? Reform, especially with Farage, might make hay with that.
By Andy McDandy
Councillors typically live in the ward they represent, and don't have the shielding from voters that MPs have. Also, regardless of party, the last few years have been hard for local government and even if levelling up money is easier to get if you're a Tory, it's still an exercise in begging and pleading. At national level you can afford to be a bit abstract, but at local level people don't care about general trends in demographics and global economics. They just want their bins emptied.
By Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister- "I can't think of anything I want to do".

I did forget about the football regulator, and that could be a good and popular thing. Again, though what about his party? Does your average shire Tory even have a proper football team in the constituency? I think the biggest in my constituency (and Sir Bill Wiggin's) is Ledbury Swifts. Or it might be Leominster Town, I have to check.

By Tubby Isaacs
Herefordshire? Not really, I don't think. That's more of a Gloucestershire thing.. Gloucester itself, obviously, some places like Lydney in the Forest to the West, and to some extent Stroud to the South. East Maybe Ross on Wye in Herefordshire is like that, I don't know. The roughest Herefordshire town in is probably Leominster, where I've only been once, and it seemed like a football (on TV) town.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]