:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 5 % :laughing: 40 % :cry: 15 % :🤗 10 %
By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:23 pm How can she stay in post after that?*

*Rhetorical fucking question...
If I had the slightest technical or artitic ability I would do a flowchart along the lines of Has she killed anyone? - Yes - Were there witnesses? - Yes - Was it her frst offence? - Yes - She can stay.
By Boiler
Looks like her local paper's no fan of her... :lol:

https://www.bedfordshirelive.co.uk/news ... es-6178077

Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries has been branded a "hypocrite" for legislating against online abuse after abusive comments she made online resurfaced, including threatening to nail a journalist's genitals to the floor.

The recently appointed Culture Secretary is putting the Online Harms Bill through parliament which she says will "lead the way" in "how we legislate to deal with online abuse".

In 2013 Dorries threatened a Mirror journalist on Twitter, saying: "Be seen within a mile of my daughters and I will nail your balls to the floor... using your own front teeth. Do you get that?"

This threat was in response to investigations in 2013 that Dorries was paying her daughters up to £80,000 of taxpayer money to be members of her staff.
Conservative Dorries, who has been the MP for Mid Bedfordshire - which contains Ampthill and Flitwick - since 2005 also called journalists involved in reporting this story "bottom feeding scum".

However, she recently criticised Deputy Labour Leader Angela Rayner after she used the phrase "Tory scum".
Mindful of her performance yesterday, I am beginning to wonder if "parliamentary privilege" is something that should be reviewed or even removed. Why should they escape the laws of the land just because they're in some gothic excrescence by the Thames?
By Malcolm Armsteen
[quote=Boiler post_id=14633 time=1637759598 user_id=57]
I am beginning to wonder if "parliamentary privilege" is something that should be reviewed or even removed. Why should they escape the laws of the land just because they're in some gothic excrescence by the Thames?
[/quote]

Nonsense.

1: Parliamentary Privilege is fundamental to democracy.
2: It applies only to statements made on the floor of the House of Commons, or in a sub-committee thereof. Statements made elsewhere are not subject.
3: Dorris' statements were made on Twitter which, of course, is not covered.

And I see we're still on the 'foetid shithole' schtick.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Boiler wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:26 pm
Cyclist wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:11 pm "...her cast iron confidence that she is right".

And there you have it. Somebody *that* confident is either fully up to speed with the facts, or extremely stupid. She has demonstrated she doesn't know *any* of the facts, so that leaves...
Oh the irony...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]