:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 5 % :laughing: 40 % :cry: 15 % :🤗 10 %
By Rosvanian
Crabcakes wrote:
soulboy wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:12 am Nadine Dorries’ book on Boris Johnson’s downfall delayed due to legal issues

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... gal-issues
The publisher said a “small delay is necessary to allow for the huge volume of material the author has consulted, the number of high-level sources spoken to and the required legal process needed to share her story”.
Or as I read it "the huge volume of material the author has consumed."

Rather useful having it out of sight, and even then potentially gutted, until after the by-election though.
I read this as ‘long-suffering editor exasperated that feedback on utterly abysmal manuscript is consistently ignored, so deadline pushed back’.
Or perhaps the publisher has realised that Dorries has become such a laughing stock that no one believes a word she says coupled with the fact that it's ancient history and few, if any, give a shit anyway.
By Andy McDandy
I note that the Express were running an "exclusive" account of Johnson's "farcical" and "hugely unfair" ousting today. Given Nads and Johnson are both contracted to their rivals, the Mail, one can see the reason for scooping them, or just fucking them about.
Oboogie liked this
By Crabcakes
Rosvanian wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:34 pm Or perhaps the publisher has realised that Dorries has become such a laughing stock that no one believes a word she says coupled with the fact that it's ancient history and few, if any, give a shit anyway.
Huge scope here for a rebranding as a comedy book, with barely any changes needed.
By Abernathy
Crabcakes wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:04 pm
Rosvanian wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:34 pm Or perhaps the publisher has realised that Dorries has become such a laughing stock that no one believes a word she says coupled with the fact that it's ancient history and few, if any, give a shit anyway.
Huge scope here for a rebranding as a comedy book, with barely any changes needed.
Or get the old Carry On team back together : “Carry On Nads”. What’s that you say? They're all dead ?
Shame. Babs Windsor was shoo-in for the lead role. With Sid James playing Johnson.
By MisterMuncher
The business model in the States is that the thick fucker "writes" a book, then various political operations buy it in bulk to hand out as a gift to their donors, vastly inflating the sales figures and pushing it up the book charts. In terms of actual person buys book sales, they're almost negligible, but there's mileage in having inflated sales for silent majority just saying what everyone is thinking reasons.

It doesn't work here because the Tories don't have the same level of small donors and the big donors aren't interested in Nadine's take on Alan Partridge's "Bouncing Back".
By Andy McDandy
Abernathy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:45 pm

Or get the old Carry On team back together : “Carry On Nads”. What’s that you say? They're all dead ?
Shame. Babs Windsor was shoo-in for the lead role. With Sid James playing Johnson.
Bones McCoy liked this
By satnav
Nadine has written this load of codswallop in the Mail.

NADINE DORRIES: I've seen how easy it is for hostile states to create spies in our midst

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ailymailUK

Apparently young commons researchers get tempted into spying for China because they are not paid enough. Hostile governments use shady think tanks to get these researches on board by paying them lots of money to write essays for them before paying these researchers to go on all expenses paid trip to China. Dorries then uses the story to smear Alicia Kearns who was one of the ring leaders who contributed to Boris's downfall.
Back to MP Alicia Kearns who is better known as the ring leader of the so-called 'Pork Pie Plotters' — named after her Melton Mowbray constituency — who, in 2022, sought to trigger the downfall of then Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

Her appointment in October of that year as chair of the foreign affairs committee came as a surprise to many of us. Others, who were far more experienced and alert to the dangers from hostile powers — including the wise and knowledgeable Iain Duncan Smith — had stood unsuccessfully against her.

Now the link between Kearns and the alleged spy — who apparently lobbied his extensive network to support her appointment — is raising more eyebrows in the Commons.

Her appointment was a travesty. Now I fear that electing someone as inexperienced and, frankly, as unsuitable as Alicia to the role may well come back to haunt us.
The fact that she describes Iain Duncan Smith as wise and knowledgeable shows that she is already gearing up to return to writing fiction.
Oboogie liked this
By soulboy
Youngian wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:50 pm Moreover Adrian and Boris
Now I've bought a breadmaker and made a loaf for a friend at the weekend. Oh, how he laughed, telling me he'd enjoy this new pastime of mine while it lasts but he expects to see my lovely new kitchen gadget on the second-hand stall at the village fete next year.
You won't see the breadmaker for the pile of remaindered books.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:50 pm Moreover Adrian and Boris
Now I've bought a breadmaker and made a loaf for a friend at the weekend. Oh, how he laughed, telling me he'd enjoy this new pastime of mine while it lasts but he expects to see my lovely new kitchen gadget on the second-hand stall at the village fete next year.
Never go full Liz Jones.
By Andy McDandy
It ain't.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -Plot.html
Central to the cabal, according to the book, is a man who Ms Dorries refers to only by the name of the James Bond villain Dr No. Ms Dorries writes: 'He is paid by Central Office, has a pass to No 10 and, some say, Rishi Sunak doesn't move without first seeking his advice. And yet people can spend years working in No 10 and never hear his name mentioned.'
So his name must be on record somewhere. Come on, name names!
She writes: 'Each time a new party chairman or a treasurer came along and looked at the books in Central Office, they asked 'Who are these people we are paying an extraordinary amount of money to as employees of CCHQ [Conservative Campaign Headquarters]? Who is this one, Dr No? He never comes in and why has no one ever met him? I've never met him. Has anyone ever met him?'

Ms Dorries says: 'For a man with a secretive past, he appears to have trouble keeping clear of the authorities. Dr No loves violence too. If ever there is a demonstration in Downing Street and he's in there, he will slip out of the back door into the street and he seeks out the violent clashes. He doesn't take part, he just cruises around and watches.
Downing Street has massive fuck off gates and armed guards. Demonstrations don't happen there.
She quotes a source as saying that Dr No deployed the tactic against Tory former prime minister Liz Truss, comprising 'mostly sexual, disgusting and untrue, seriously made-up nasty stuff' which was shown to Mr Sunak.

'To his credit, Rishi told him not to use it because it would reflect badly on him. But Dr No ignored him, because Rishi wasn't in charge, they were,' she writes. 'Then, when the dossier was considered so appalling that the Press didn't use it, it was texted to a journalist that 'we're keeping this ammunition for use at a later date'.
Dorries was out of the loop as soon as Johnson had gone, so how does she know so much about the clandestine goings-on of the Truss and Sunak administrations? And what "dirty dossier"? If she means Truss's affair with Kwarteng, that was common knowledge.

A final extract hints at the devious doctor's identity though.
Ms Dorries also quotes a party veteran, who claims that Dr No 'fleeced' a wealthy party donor who was in a dispute about money with him, saying that he took the donor's 'gold American Express card for a ride' and 'travelled in helicopters, pretended to be setting up a think-tank, trashed his house and spent the money'.

She adds: 'He was nothing more than a petty crook and now he's in No 10
No, he was ousted last year and you went with him because he promised you a peerage.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]