:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 5 % :laughing: 40 % :cry: 15 % :🤗 10 %
By Youngian
Another crap comparison. Was Bozo indulging Dorries or does he genuinely not understand he wasn’t up to the job and hardly anyone who knows him likes and trusts him?
According to the book, Mr Johnson compared Mr Sunak with the protagonist in the political thriller about communist sleeper agents, The Manchurian Candidate.

“I heard that Cummings has said he started to plot to get rid of me in January 2020,” Mr Johnson told Ms Dorries. “The plot was always to get Rishi in. I just couldn’t see it at the time. It’s like this Manchurian Candidate, their stooge.”

He also claimed that Mr Sunak “is a front for the interests of others, including Cummings, Johnson’s former special adviser”, The Times reported.

Mr Johnson added: “You’ve got to have an agenda for change in the country. You know, people will feel hacked off. https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/boris ... ce=threads
By Tubby Isaacs
This is well worth reading. If Dorries' memory is accurate, there is indeed a story here.

Short version- Robbie Gibb and Dougie Smith tried to get a party hack to chair Ofcom over Michael Grade.. (Michael Grade is a Tory, but had a near 50 year media executive career, so infinitely more qualified). Robbie Gibb was lobbying the while he was at the BBC, who are regulated by Ofcom- deeply improper. And Dougie Smith interfered with the PM's red box, changing the name of Dorries' suggestion.

Spoonman, Oboogie liked this
By Watchman
Weird thought time; it just occurred to me, with all her James Bond analogies, does she see herself as the white pussy being stroked on Boris’s lap

Over you, Sigmund, for that one!
By Oboogie
Watchman wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:02 pm Weird thought time; it just occurred to me, with all her James Bond analogies, does she see herself as the white pussy being stroked on Boris’s lap

Over you, Sigmund, for that one!
"White pussy"? Thanks to you, I'm now pondering the colour of Dorries pubes*...so thanks for that mate.

* she's 66, so I reckon she probably looks like a badger.
By Crabcakes
FFS. The ‘shadowy Tory cabal’ is literally the parliamentary Tory party. They’ve shown they don’t give a shit what the party members at large want, they’re purely in it to install the person who they think gives them the best chance of retaining their job in the first instance, and the best chance of them getting promoted to a ministerial job in the second.

And IDS, Cameron, May, Johnson, Truss and Sunak and even Dorries all know this as they’ve all plotted and schemed against someone or other, all courted favour from donors, and all stabbed someone in the back/lied to their face. The only thing even approaching a conspiracy theory is who funds the shitehawks at 55 Tufton St. - and the fact we have the address 55 Tufton St. shows how remarkably un-secret that is.

Always got to be some excuse rather than just an acceptance they couldn’t cut it. Always.
Boiler, Arrowhead liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Oboogie wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:50 pm

"White pussy"? Thanks to you, I'm now pondering the colour of Dorries pubes*...so thanks for that mate.
Shaved. Moisturised. Vajazzlled. Perfumed.

Just in case Johnson pops round.
By slilley
The Times Saturday Review has reviewed Nadine's new book The Plot. It is fair to say that Patrick Maguire the reviewer was not convinced.

"Buried somewhere inside The Plot wrapped in invective about Gove's divorce and lusty descriptions of Carrie Johnson's wardrobe, is a good story about Westminster dysfunctionality- the abuses of power, the venality, the unaccountable aides. Dorries is the last person who should be telling it. Not because she is a bad person- she's nice to waiters, her driver, and civil servants. But she can't write".

In the best legal traditions, I rest my case.

Simon
kreuzberger liked this
By Abernathy
Had a look at the Amazon reviews for Mad Nad's new shock expose. There are a surprising number of quite positive ones, that on reflection my well have been composed by AI chatbots, but here's one that gets it :

I am an avid reader of political memoirs. This is more a work of fiction. Boris Johnson is not a fit person to hold high political office; he humiliated himself as Foreign Secretary and humiliated the UK as prime minister. Through many well documented and very public errors, through a propensity to lie his way out of every tight corner he was the sole architect and constructor of his own downfall.

Dorries, an accomplished author of mush fiction, has been spectacularly unable to make the transition into factual writing. In a very badly written and hard to read volume, she tries to convince the reader that nothing was Johnson’s fault. Problem is - the full shameful saga was played out daily for all to see. We saw the bodies and we saw the smoking gun. Dorries has a bank of confidential sources (who I suspect only exist within her imagination) wheeled out to back up her crazy notion that it was everyone’s fault but Boris’s.

For all Johnson’s faults, he is a very fluent factual commentator in printed prose. Whether you are deluded enough to actually agree with him or not, his output is technically well constructed, easy to follow and comprehend. The same can not be said for his bitter and scorned disciple. This book is born of the incredible ‘crash to earth’ felt by Dorries, who not only saw her hero deconstructed, but realised that his promise of a peerage was as worthless as every other promise he has ever made. Read this book with that in mind, but remember to read it as a work of very badly written fiction.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]