:laughing: 100 %
By Andy McDandy
I've noticed he's getting a lot of ink in the Express lately, and oddly, always called by his name rather than his position. So you get headlines like "Grant Shapps warns Iran", "Red Sea: Grant Shapps flies in", "Grant Shapps thanks Navy", and so on.

I guess they see him as a potential future Tory leader. But trying to make him sound like a hard, uncompromising maverick detective ("We're hitting a brick wall on this case. Get me Shapps! He'll bust it wide open in 24 hours!") just feels really shitty.
By satnav
Shapps has been grabbibg headlines again after a recent trip to Poland. For some reason Shapps thought it was a good idea to fly in a military aircraft from Britain to Poland even though there are plenty of commercial planes flying from London to Poland. The Russian's allegedly jammed the GPS system on the plane. I wonder how Britain would react if a senior Russian politician flew close to British airspace.

Shapps then had to cancel his planned trip to Odessa because if was worried about a Russian missile attack after news of his trip was leaked.

He really does appear to be a bit of a liability in the role of Defence secretary.
By Bones McCoy
I think that sort of "push your luck in international airspace" stuff happens frequently.

It only gets airplay when fighters get scrambled, or when politics has descended to performative sabre rattling.

Doing a "full on camera" tour of the warzones is classic Shapps, and extremely un-Churchillian.
Winnie (Sir ... Churchill) flew a lot during WW2, criss crossing the Med in an adapted American Liberator Bomber.
It frequently flew below 60ft, and as fast as possible becaue bandits were about.
Little advance publicity, but he would pop up and have a chat with the troops before doing a bit of diplomacy, and catching up with the in-theatre Brass.
It also wasn't featured in the national press, because - Y'know Nazi spies can read.

Current day, nobody pulls that shit on Air Force One, because to do so invites being shat on from a great height.
Having it happen to Shapps suggests
a) The Russians didn't know he was aboard, and treated it like any other military flight.,
b) The Russians did know he was aboard, but UK is so disrespected that they didn't care.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]