:laughing: 100 %
By Samanfur
Apologies for the double post, but it looks as though it wasn't just the BBC that Shapps made a mess on:

Grant Shapps says 'not partying' Boris Johnson 'lost his mum' - but she died a year later
Mr Shapps bizarrely tried to excuse Mr Johnson’s behaviour by saying the PM “lost his mum during the period”.

That is despite the fact Charlotte Johnson Wahl died “suddenly and peacefully” aged 79 in September 2021, 10 months after the party.

Sources later stressed Mr Shapps was talking about the period of the Covid pandemic more generally, and not trying to suggest Boris Johnson was mourning his mother during the party itself.

Mr Shapps said: “I don’t think these things should have happened, but I think it’s probably worth recalling in context that throughout this period the Prime Minister himself had been extremely ill, had a close brush with coronavirus, he lost his mum during the period, he was dealing with the pandemic.
Oboogie liked this
By Nigredo
Samanfur wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:36 am Apologies for the double post, but it looks as though it wasn't just the BBC that Shapps made a mess on:

Grant Shapps says 'not partying' Boris Johnson 'lost his mum' - but she died a year later
Mr Shapps bizarrely tried to excuse Mr Johnson’s behaviour by saying the PM “lost his mum during the period”.

That is despite the fact Charlotte Johnson Wahl died “suddenly and peacefully” aged 79 in September 2021, 10 months after the party.

Sources later stressed Mr Shapps was talking about the period of the Covid pandemic more generally, and not trying to suggest Boris Johnson was mourning his mother during the party itself.

Mr Shapps said: “I don’t think these things should have happened, but I think it’s probably worth recalling in context that throughout this period the Prime Minister himself had been extremely ill, had a close brush with coronavirus, he lost his mum during the period, he was dealing with the pandemic.
I lost my mum too and parts of the family went into self-isolation over Christmas so they could attend her funeral.

Fuck off Shapps you utterly deplorable cunt.
By Bones McCoy
Nigredo wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:00 pm
Samanfur wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:36 am Apologies for the double post, but it looks as though it wasn't just the BBC that Shapps made a mess on:

I lost my mum too and parts of the family went into self-isolation over Christmas so they could attend her funeral.

Fuck off Shapps you utterly deplorable cunt.
I find it difficult to imagine that anybody can look at the smirking gnome that is Schapps and think
Yeah, there's a bloke we can trust
By Cyclist
Should we expect any different from a front-man for Ponzi schemes?

(from 2015)

Grant Shapps, the Tory party chairman, had a second job as a “multimillion-dollar web marketer” under the pseudonym Michael Green for at least year after he first became an MP.

It is a suggestion that Shapps has repeatedly denied for three years, but the Guardian has discovered a recording from the summer of 2006 in which the Conservative MP for Welwyn Hatfield boasts his products could make listeners a “ton of cash by Christmas”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... r-while-mp
By Boiler
I can see this ending well.

The government is preparing plans to repeal a legal ban on agency staff filling in for striking workers.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps told the Sunday Telegraph a potential change in legislation could allow companies to hire temporary workers to cover some roles and prevent disruption.

Any intervention would not affect the rail strikes across Britain this month.

But Mr Shapps said changes could be brought in quickly to minimise future action in rail or other sectors.
"Have you driven a train before?"

"Yes."

"Good. Do you know this route?"

"Errr.... no?"

"No matter, you'll pick it up as you go along I'm sure. Off you go."
By Boiler
Seconded - definitely the best modern railway journalist out there. He writes for Modern Railways and he used to publish an e-mail newsletter. Famous for coining the phrase "bionic duckweed" when people were making noises about what the IEP should run on.

https://www.modernrailways.com/informed-sources-1

55 012 Crepello was his favourite Deltic, IIRC.

Linking in to what some Gammon was gobbing off about on QT last week:

Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Cyclist
What a surprise..!

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps says the remaining stages of the East West Rail project should be cancelled. He made the statement during an interview with LBC...

...When asked what he would do if he was in charge, he said: "I would cut East West Rail on what's called two and three, the second and third stages. The charges of it, it would save £3-5 million."..

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/l ... 481614.amp
Funny how expensive road projects never seem to get cancelled part way through.

Could save as much as £5 million. When you consider the billions his Party have spaffed over the las couple of years it's chickenfeed.

Thank fuck he's out of the running.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]