By Watchman
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:36 pm Years after they were banned almost everywhere else...

Banned in the EU in 2021 (2016 in France...)

No praise here.
Mrs Watch has just said exactly the same thing
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By Abernathy
Didn’t pick it up from the Grauniad article, but does the “ban” include the plastic tupperware type containers that nearly all takeaway food outlets use for their food? Takeaways used to all come in foil boxes with cardboard lids, but now it’s all knocked out in them plastic containers. We must have fucking hundreds of the bloody things in a cupboard in our kitchen’cos we wash them and try to re-use them to store food in, but you can only use so many of them.
By Malcolm Armsteen
No it doesn't.
Here we wash and recycle them.

Quite a few takeaway places here have gone over to cardboard, but we're told not to recycle the really greasy stuff, and I've no idea how curry in cardboard is going to work...

In France they have stopped the use of all plastics in fast-food restaurants, but our lot haven't gone that far.
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:12 pm We must have fucking hundreds of the bloody things in a cupboard in our kitchen’cos we wash them and try to re-use them to store food in, but you can only use so many of them.
They’re well handy if you can find to right lid to fit
Watchman, Oboogie liked this
By MisterMuncher
Abernathy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:12 pm Didn’t pick it up from the Grauniad article, but does the “ban” include the plastic tupperware type containers that nearly all takeaway food outlets use for their food? Takeaways used to all come in foil boxes with cardboard lids, but now it’s all knocked out in them plastic containers. We must have fucking hundreds of the bloody things in a cupboard in our kitchen’cos we wash them and try to re-use them to store food in, but you can only use so many of them.
The plastics are a fucking nightmare from inside the kitchen, too.

You'll get x amount of tubs in every month, and they'll be grand, until the next month, when the same support will send you the same amount of just slightly different tubs, so the lids from your old ones don't fit the new ones. It's typical of any cheap dropship product, but I shudder to think of how much plastic I've had to chuck out of workplaces over the last 20-odd years.
By MisterMuncher
Just to add: the card and foil stuff is a lot better, has none of the above issues. It's just more expensive, so places (especially lower end places) don't bother.
By Youngian
Not something she’d like to be doing but migraine is a real bugger for sufferers so good for highlighting it despite knowing you’ll get a load of shitty comments. Best of luck for a migraine free future. Hopefully, away from politics.
Levelling up minister Dehenna Davison has quit her government role, saying she has been "battling with chronic migraine". https://news.sky.com/story/levelling-up ... ext%20year
Last edited by Youngian on Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Watchman
The only thought/tin foil hat, I had, was being as her constituency is near Teesside, and she was in the Levelling Up Ministry (i.e. giving money to our mates), is that her name may well crop up in connection with the Houchen shenanigans
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]