:laughing: 100 %
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:23 pm WTF has happened to The Telegraph? It was always Tory, but it never used to be bonkers. For years Private Eye has called it The Mailygraph but we're past that now and well into Expressograph territory.
Some time in the mid 1980s the Federation of Conservative students leapfrogged Thatcherism and became a magnet for edgelords.
So extreme was it that Lord Tebbit (remember him) closed the organisation down.

Those of the membership who remained active split into two interchangeable camps: campaigners and writers.
Some became party workers and clustered about its most extreme members.
Others found junior posts at assorted right-wing newspapers where they pioneered their own brand of client journalism.

After about 20 years of job and bed hopping, the remaining cadre were strongly embedded in the conservative party, assorted thinktanks and across the tory press.

20 more years and they have hands on the tiller of most of those organisations.
Those newspapers where they don't are steered by like-minded owners and editors.
They even launched a few astroturf organisations of their own

The parliamentary assistants they brought in their wake are now junior staffers, backbench MPs and the occasional junior minister.
They inherited, and sometimes surpassed their mentor's tastes for marching powder, non-consensual sex, and backhanders stuffed with brown envelopes.

If you've no other reason, this is why our country needs a complete overhaul of government.
Also of citizen protection against media led abuse.

With that, I wish you all a very happy St George's day.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]