:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Boiler
I'm sure Mogg would welcome this.

https://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/news ... -minister/

Cabinet Office minister Lord True joked the rodent problem in the upper chamber would be eased by scrapping EU regulations on the cleaning device.

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Cabinet Office minister responsible for Brexit opportunities, has launched a dashboard to show how many changes have been made to the 2,400 pieces of EU legislation retained following Brexit.

Announcing the initiative to MPs, Mr Rees-Mogg said it highlights “unnecessary and disproportionate” EU regulations on consumer goods, including those “regulating the power of vacuum cleaners”.
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:49 pm I'm sure Mogg would welcome this.

https://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/news ... -minister/

Cabinet Office minister Lord True joked the rodent problem in the upper chamber would be eased by scrapping EU regulations on the cleaning device.

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Cabinet Office minister responsible for Brexit opportunities, has launched a dashboard to show how many changes have been made to the 2,400 pieces of EU legislation retained following Brexit.

Announcing the initiative to MPs, Mr Rees-Mogg said it highlights “unnecessary and disproportionate” EU regulations on consumer goods, including those “regulating the power of vacuum cleaners”.
The rodent problem in the upper chamber would be eased if Mogg's pal "Boris" stopped ennobling them.
Watchman liked this
By Cyclist
I have just completed a questionnaire about CivilService2025- The proposed decimation of the Civil Service in the name of making government more efficient. I don't usually bother with the additional comments box at the end of these things, but this time...

I do hope these comments will be forwarded to the Minister for Government Efficiency (not that he'd actually care).
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (22.34 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
Andy McDandy, zuriblue, Boiler and 3 others liked this
By Youngian
This is total horse shit, Rees Mogg has pulled out of his arse. Anyone who’s worked on campaigns for amendments to legislation get more done through the EP and the Commission than Whitehall.
“Your viewers and listeners will be aware of where they think they ought to be protected and they will be able to directly contact their MPs,” he explained. “Because we are know in charge of our regulatory systems rather than it being delegated to a bureaucracy that can’t be changed by our own democratic efforts.”
By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:33 pm He's said he won't serve under another prime minister. He's going all proud over servicing Johnson.

The fucking lack of self awareness of it.
Aware enough to realise his odds of serving under another PM.

Taking a tangent to tory awareness as a whole.
In my visits to Conservativehome, I spot the occasional self described "traditional conservative" who realises that all the culture wars and red meat was deflecting the "biggest majority evah!!" from actually implementing any Conservative policies.
These are a tiny minority, there being far more Dorries types in the comments who revel in the red meat and fail to notice how little governance is going on.

I'm inclined to think that UK got off lightly.
A focused Thatcher/Joseph style Tory party could have used that majority to demolish the last trades unions, consign the NHS to being a high cost subcontract manager, and gone full Cruella DeVille on law, policing and immigration.

Instead they've wasted most of their efforts on permanent electioneering, culture wars, and news managing their own blunders.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RedSparrows
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:49 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:33 pm He's said he won't serve under another prime minister. He's going all proud over servicing Johnson.

The fucking lack of self awareness of it.
Aware enough to realise his odds of serving under another PM.

Taking a tangent to tory awareness as a whole.
In my visits to Conservativehome, I spot the occasional self described "traditional conservative" who realises that all the culture wars and red mead was deflecting the "biggest majority evah!!" from actually implementing any Conservative policies.
These are a tiny minority, there being far more Dorries types in the comments who revel in the red meat and fail to notice how little governance is going on.

A focused Thatcher/Joseph style Tory party could have used that majority to demolish the last trades unions, consign the NHS to being a high cost subcontract manager, and gone full Cruella DeVille on law, policing and immigration.

Instead they've wasted most of their efforts on permanent electioneering, culture wars, and news managing their own blunders.
The absolute cretins who love Johnson still don't get this. We're lucky their malice is coupled to such utter stupidity.
By Youngian
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:49 pm

They’re on their way
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]