:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Youngian
Bloody hope so.
The Owen Paterson scandal is the beginning of the end for Jacob Rees-Mogg

Tory knives are sharpening for a leader of the house who has lost all credibility.

The Sun alleges Rees-Mogg then told Boris Johnson the sieve-like plan was “watertight”. Yet once floated, it sank almost instantly, taking Tory credibility and poll ratings down with it.

The leader column of the Times, which has moved closer to Johnson’s government in recent months, today excoriates Rees-Mogg. “The greatest culpability lies with those who orchestrated this assault on the integrity of the political system,” it says, castigating him for his “effort to establish a sham committee.” Given that his father William was editor of the paper from 1967 to 1981 and later spent nearly 20 years as one of its columnists, this should provide a deeply shaming moment of reflection for Jacob. It will not. https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/jacob- ... n-scandal/
By Crabcakes
Mogg inexplicably thinks himself superior to more or less everyone. Hence the u-turn was delivered as if it were a lecture about the govt. having to change tack because everyone was too stupid to understand it wasn't a fudge job, rather than anything even remotely conciliatory which may have calmed things down a bit (or at least made the lie that it wasn't a fudge job but a misunderstanding easier to pass).

The problem for Mogg is, the group of people who were "too stupid" contained a considerable number of Tory MPs, and now his boss doesn't like him because he's made him look not only bad, but weak.
Oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
As I've said before, he's stuck in the mindset of his days as a prefect at Eton. Ever so pleased that he's got privileged access, and can upbraid people over breaking of arcane rules.
By Cyclist
Jacob Rees-Mogg has been reported to Boris Johnson’s ethics watchdog after The Mail on Sunday revealed he did not declare £6 million in cheap loans from his Cayman Islands-linked company.

Labour deputy leader Angela Rayner has demanded an investigation into the ‘director’s loans’ taken out by Mr Rees-Mogg, on which he paid interest equivalent to 0.8 per cent over three years....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -Mogg.html
Apologies for the source.
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:33 pm Jacob Rees-Mogg cleared of breaking MP rules over loans

Quoting the Shakespeare play Othello in a tweet, the House of Commons leader added: "Who steals my purse steals trash… but he that filches from me my good name robs me of that which not enriches him and makes me poor indeed."
By Othello's standards, Mogg has been beggaring himself for years.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:03 am Iago. Hardly a person with a "good name".
Which was Shakespeare's point, of course. Irony on many levels. Don't expect JRM to bother with the subtleties.
By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:01 am Jakey leaves without a stain on his character.

I think it's really unfair that what lots of people will take from this is "a loan to himself of 6 fucking million?!"
Perfectly legal though. Take a *lot* of noughts off and I've done one to myself in the past - it's a director's loan.

I'm more pissed off with the gratuitous Shakespeare.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]