:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Crabcakes
Bones McCoy wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:49 pm It angers me that these inbred mutants occupied quality university places.
Opportunity denied to clever (but less connected) applicants.
It angers me that they’re a ready source of transplantable organs, but “ethics laws” apparently exist…
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Was Rees Mogg always this bad? He didn't really have much of a media profile for quite a long time as an MP, just the occasional joke that he was "David Cameron's worst nightmare", which he smiled politely at. Majority of people wouldn't have known who he was. They do now, and that's not any kind of incentive to him to get his head down and do proper work.
By Andy McDandy
To paraphrase Peter Hitchens, he's a thick person's idea of what a posh gentleman is.

He only seemed to rise after Brexit, although I remember him featuring in a fly on the wall doco about life in the houses of parliament, screened 2014 or so. He positioned himself as an expert on parliamentary procedure and tradition, and was seen helping fellow members of the awkward squad dirty tackle any proposed bills they didn't like.
By Abernathy
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:12 pm To paraphrase Peter Hitchens, he's a thick person's idea of what a posh gentleman is.

He only seemed to rise after Brexit, although I remember him featuring in a fly on the wall doco about life in the houses of parliament, screened 2014 or so. He positioned himself as an expert on parliamentary procedure and tradition, and was seen helping fellow members of the awkward squad dirty tackle any proposed bills they didn't like.
In a similar vein, you'll also recall the short Channel 4 News item in which Rees-Mogg, as a comparative old hand at Westminster, welcomed the then newly elected Jess Phillips to his Somerset constituency to talk about what she could expect as a new MP. Jess was quite impressed by Rees-Mogg's old-fashioned courtesy and warm welcome, and said as much, which I seem to recall was a major trigger for the embittered Corbynite twat that used to post regularly on here (I've forgotten his name). That and Jess's vow metaphorically to "stab" Jeremy Corbyn. (Jeez, they made *such* a mountain out of that particular molehill).
By Bones McCoy
In which the Moggster admits that his party engaged in voter supression.

Local elections 2023: Voter ID backfired on Tories, says Rees-Mogg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65599380

Jacob Rees-Mogg has suggested the Conservatives introduced voter ID to boost their election chances, but it came "back to bite them".

The former minister said it had "made it hard for our own voters" to take part in England's local elections.

The polls on 4 May were the first in Britain where people had to show photo ID, such as a passport or driving licence, to vote.

Mr Rees-Mogg said the change had "upset a system that worked perfectly well."

The government says the new voter ID rules are necessary to tackle voter fraud, and boost public confidence in elections.

But Mr Rees-Mogg told the BBC there was no evidence that the issue of voter fraud was a "serious problem" - something the government's opponents have long argued.
By kreuzberger
As JO'B pointed out, Moggy, who was Leader of the House at the term and therefore in charge of HMG business, referred to this a "gerrymandering".

He obviously has the memory of a toad.

£46,296 per annum (that's Latin, dontcha know) at Eton. What a criminal waste of money. A seven-year academic career would have run close to a cracking pair of Carolean clogs.
Oboogie liked this
By RandomElement
Spoonman wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:44 pm Looks like Rees-Mogg said the quiet part out loud. Whoops!

He probably thinks Downton Abbey is a fly-on-the-wall documentary.
Speaking of saying the quiet part out loud. Today's entrant is Miriam Cates:
“Spending so much time and money on education also makes it much more difficult, particularly for women, to decide when is a good time to pause and have children.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... riam-cates
By Youngian
Missed this one in 2019 from Nicholas Soames but worth a late airing
He (Rees Mogg) is an absolute fraud, he is a living example of what a moderately cut double-breasted suit and a decent tie can do with an ultra-posh voice and a bit of ginger stuck up his arse. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... l-19732329
Samanfur liked this
By Andy McDandy
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/watch/i ... 4249c&ei=8

Harman knew this was coming, and swatted it back magnificently. Moggy thought he was being so damn clever, but well, his face at the end says it all.
By Abernathy
I found myself earlier today wondering just what motivates Rees-Mogg. I understand what superficially motivates him - he is an unmitigated Tory cunt who loves money and privilege above all else.
I mean what motivates him long-term. Let me explain. He is famously wedded to the concept (at least) of “family”, and has dozens of fucking children to prove it. I was wondering what his vision is of the future of those kids (obviously, he doesn’t give a fuck about any other children). He has been vocal in condemning measures to mitigate climate change, as well as advocating even more severe measures to curb protest by Just Stop Oil, and so on. He seems to be enthusiastically part of a growing movement pressing to drop “that green crap”.

But does he ever envisage the earth that the fruit of his loins will be obliged to inhabit? Does he not concern himself with what little Sixtus and Regina might be worrying about ? Does he consider the massive population shifts and upheavals, the wars, people fleeing regions of the globe that have become uninhabitable? Immigration/refugee “problems” that make stopping the small boats look like the fucking boating pond in Finsbury Park? Or does he just not give a fuck?

In short, I suppose my meandering speculations can be summarised as “who/what the fuck is this “being”?”

Answers on a (virtual) postcard to Abernathy, The Mailcunts Message Board.
Last edited by Abernathy on Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bones McCoy
JRM thinks they'll all be OK living in some underground cold war bunker, eating hydroponic fungus and taking turns on the periscope.

The climate catastrophe is his approaching rapture.
Greece on fire - serve the bubbles right for the great schism of 1054.
People choking in London - it's Sodom and Gomorah again.

Only the righteous will survive, and they will enjoy their hydroponic fungus.

Alternatively.
Go with me on this.
Being connected and in politics provides access to economic levers.
Levers that wealth and capital management businessmen ought to be caged off from.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]