:sunglasses: 11.1 % :laughing: 61.1 % :cry: 22.2 % :poo: 5.6 %
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:55 am Gove has announced he is backing Sunak, that Truss is "taking a holiday from reality" and that he is retiring from frontline politics.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... om-reality
Gove was never really frontline politics.
Closest he got was education, which brought us Young, Cummings and Birbalsingh.

More of a backroom operator, flitting between toxic spads and thinktanks.
Occasionally holding a mostly titular post.

He will hand about like a bad fart, meddling in the darker corridors of power.
Watchman liked this
By kreuzberger
Oboogie wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:55 am Gove has announced he is backing Sunak, that Truss is "taking a holiday from reality" and that he is retiring from frontline politics.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... om-reality
Firmly on the money as she takes a staycation in Stupid..
Oboogie liked this
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:27 pm People seemed to think Gove was playing some clever game by backing Badenoch, which would enable him to negotiate a top job with the winner. He's managed to get himself no job with the bloke who isn't going to win anyway.
Not quite the 3d Chess player he imagines himself to be.

The only sad takeaway is that the centre ground of the Conservatives has swept way beyond the nu-Right that Gove embodied.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Oboogie
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:27 pm People seemed to think Gove was playing some clever game by backing Badenoch, which would enable him to negotiate a top job with the winner. He's managed to get himself no job with the bloke who isn't going to win anyway.
He's not after a job, he knows Sunak won't win, he's putting the "I told you so" quote out there to refer back to when he needs to demonstrate he was on the right side of history.
mattomac liked this
By Andy McDandy
Bones McCoy wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:41 pm
Not quite the 3d Chess player he imagines himself to be.
From a distance, it's easy to confuse genius and luck.
Spoonman liked this
By Oboogie
Youngian wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:53 pm So Gove’s forsaking this train wreck he was an architect of to reinvent himself as Honest Mike who’ll pick up the pieces. Loathsome louse.
That's about the size of it I reckon. I suspect we'll see more and more Vote Leavers frantically scrubbing their hands of Brexit as it's toxicity increases over the next year or so.
Youngian liked this
By Spoonman
Youngian wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:53 pm So Gove’s forsaking this train wreck he was an architect of to reinvent himself as Honest Mike who’ll pick up the pieces. Loathsome louse.
Not much different from David Frost by the looks of things, still having the gall to lecture on how things should be dealt with regarding Brexit among other things yet is one of the leading architects in setting the way on how the UK is handling it right now.

Edit: WRT Gove, he can somewhat say that he stayed away from the coalface of Brexit, but he should be never made to forget his "...sick & tired of experts" quip he made prior to the referendum.
By Bones McCoy
Spoonman wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:17 pm
Not much different from David Frost by the looks of things, still having the gall to lecture on how things should be dealt with regarding Brexit among other things yet is one of the leading architects in setting the way on how the UK is handling it right now.

Edit: WRT Gove, he can somewhat say that he stayed away from the coalface of Brexit, but he should be never made to forget his "...sick & tired of experts" quip he made prior to the referendum.
The closing quotes in every Laura / BBC analysis also smacked heavily of Goves influence.
You'll recall the stuff
Over one hundred eminent economists have warned about the impact of brexit on industry X.

A vote leave spokesman responded saying "I don't accept that".
By Tubby Isaacs
Oboogie wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:37 pm
He's not after a job, he knows Sunak won't win, he's putting the "I told you so" quote out there to refer back to when he needs to demonstrate he was on the right side of history.
He's only 54. I can't believe he's prepared to give up yet. If he doesn't get a job right in there this time, big likelihood that he's looking at opposition before he gets another chance.

His selection of Badenoch as first choice may not look like the call of a wise old fox once she's in government. She's tipped for Education. Kemi's David Brent approach "The bad news is your school is laying off teachers, but the good news is I've stuck it trans kids" may not be all that popular.
kreuzberger liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]