:sunglasses: 11.1 % :laughing: 61.1 % :cry: 22.2 % :poo: 5.6 %
By Oboogie
Abernathy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:12 am
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:05 am He qualifies for a ministerial car.

That doesn't mean he can't or doesn't get a train now and again.
Of course and that is laudable.
But yesterday wasn't just any old day, was it?
Just because one is entitled to do something, doesn't always mean it's wise.
I would have avoided using trains in central London yesterday simply because of the additional crowds causing delays, let alone the risk of being caught up in violence. And I'm not a government minister.

I wonder what advice he received from his personal protection team when he announced his intention to travel on public transport through central London yesterday?
Youngian liked this
By Youngian
Oboogie wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:03 pm
Abernathy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:12 am
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:05 am He qualifies for a ministerial car.

That doesn't mean he can't or doesn't get a train now and again.
Of course and that is laudable.
But yesterday wasn't just any old day, was it?
Just because one is entitled to do something, doesn't always mean it's wise.
I would have avoided using trains in central London yesterday simply because of the additional crowds causing delays, let alone the risk of being caught up in violence. And I'm not a government minister.

I wonder what advice he received from his personal protection team when he announced his intention to travel on public transport through central London yesterday?
Precisely, he’s the longest serving cabinet minister not a bumbling rookie. The prick knew exactly what he was doing by wasting police time on him.
Last edited by Youngian on Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Andy McDandy
Watchman wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:48 pm Didn’t Rees-Smug pull a similar stunt a while back
Yes, with his son IIRC. The narrative of "I'm just a simple honest English man trying to go about my lawful business and look at these yobs" seems to have an appeal to the right. See also freemen on the land getting in people's faces.
Oboogie, Spoonman liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
He's just been waffling on* about housing policy** in that affected soft-lad voice the Tories think is so fucking 'polite' and 'courteous' - two things they wouldn't recognise if they were slapped in the face by the concepts rolled up and stuffed down a concrete pipe.
The arrogant, incompetent, offensive mediocrity who has never been right in any policy, who destroyed our education system, unleashed the cunt Cummings and the cunt Johnson on the nation and enabled massive fraud during Covid.
The brainless, braggadavious little cunt who lied about his father's fishing business, who affects to some sort of gentility, who cheated on his wife, who has a drug habit worthy of Keef (but none of the talent) and who had the deluded belief that he could be Prime Minister.

Oh, and it's all Keir Starmer's fault.

The man's a cunt.

*45 minutes of verbal arse gravy

**Which, as a policy announcement should have been done in the Commons, but if he does it elsewhere he can't face hostile questions from MPs, just softball ones from GB News.
By Andy McDandy
Something I've noticed with him over the years is how he veers between "Oh, ha ha, look at me, utterly clueless, couldn't tie my shoelaces without help" and "I am a ruthless and laser-focused super-intellectual and considerably cleverer than you*". OK, I know the two aren't mutually exclusive, but it's still fucking annoying coming from him.

*He's not.
By kreuzberger
My goodness, that's enough to make him want to turn to dru... oh...

Meanwhile, they are both probably also brushing up on the scope of a potential Misconduct in Public Office charge.

The evidential bar looks to be deliciously low. At first glance, it seems that she would not be on the hook for that one, but that's certainly not the end of her problems - if the Old Bill can be arsed.

Gove the Cove on the other hand.
By Watchman
Rules are rules, and its linked to PPE so appearing a bit minor doesn't quite wash

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -contracts
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]