:sunglasses: 11.1 % :laughing: 61.1 % :cry: 22.2 % :poo: 5.6 %
By satnav
The final paragraph is fairly interesting.
A government spokesperson said ministers were not involved in procurement decisions or the awards of contracts during the emergency effort to secure PPE. “Due diligence was carried out on all companies in advance of procurement and every company was subjected to the same checks,” they added.
I'm pretty sure that at the daily Covid briefings Johnson and Co. were happy to claim credit for securing all the extra PPE.
Can ministers really claim credit on one hand while effectively saying they were not involved in the process?
mattomac liked this
By Watchman
Wonder what Sniffer’s been up to, if it’s just the footie with David Mellor, it’s not exactly earth shattering

BBC News: Michael Gove investigated by Commons standards watchdog

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68435262
By Watchman
soulboy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:42 pm That's David Meller, not the former MP David Mellor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Meller
i wondered how long it would take you to spot that, Wilson
lambswool liked this
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:52 am Just what is the point of a redefinition of extremism ?

Seriously, what IS the point ?
Wielding power by ministerial edict rather than a judge by the sound of it. So if a Tory donor, newspaper columnist or talk radio jock says Palestinians or black people should be wiped out you can let it slide.
By Watchman
So what happens in NI; let’s assume the IRA is classified as “extremist”, and it has always been a Tory tactic to emphasise any links with Sinn Féin so will the Government stop talking to the democratically elected members of the Assembly, including the First Minister
By Abernathy
Empirically, it seems to me that John Stuart Mill provided a much better than adequate definition of the sort of "extremism" that Gove seems to be talking about nearly 200 years ago in "On Liberty". I just don't get why he is dicking about with it now.
By Yug
He's dicking about with it now because there's an election coming up. They obviously believe that if they outlaw Islam they'll clean up at the polls.

Interesting definition

Ministers have unveiled a new extremism definition under which certain groups will be blocked from government funding and meeting officials.

It will apply to, but not criminalise, groups that promote an ideology based on "violence, hatred or intolerance".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68556914.amp
By including intolerance they've basically outlawed all the major religions and some political parties. Including the Tory Party! It'll put a lot of the wankers at the Daily Fail and Gbeebies under the spotlight, too.
By Bones McCoy
There's a mid term game at work here.

The parliamentarians have dedicated the last 2 months to associating Islam with "hate" at every opportunity.

Their outriders in the press and wingnut parties are flooding their posts with "There's no such thing as Islamophobia".
At the edge..
The term was invented by cultural marxists.

In a world where important people can "speak racism, but not be racists", you let this rip, while Tommeh and Katie get a pass.
By davidjay
Yug wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:49 am He's dicking about with it now because there's an election coming up. They obviously believe that if they outlaw Islam they'll clean up at the polls.

Interesting definition

Ministers have unveiled a new extremism definition under which certain groups will be blocked from government funding and meeting officials.

It will apply to, but not criminalise, groups that promote an ideology based on "violence, hatred or intolerance".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68556914.amp
By including intolerance they've basically outlawed all the major religions and some political parties. Including the Tory Party! It'll put a lot of the wankers at the Daily Fail and Gbeebies under the spotlight, too.
I bet it won't.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]