:sunglasses: 25 % :pray: 25 % :laughing: 37.5 % :cry: 12.5 %
By Abernathy
They always fucking resign because what they’ve done is “a distraction” , don’t they? Never because of the actual egregious behaviour itself.
Last edited by Abernathy on Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Abernathy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:57 pm They always fucking resign because what they’ve done is “a distraction” , don’t they? Never because of the actual egregious behviour itself.
Or apologise IF they have caused offence...
By Tubby Isaacs
Certainly a very odd appointment, but some of the Machiavellian talk seems a bit overdone. Williamson's hold over Sunak doesn't seem to have been very strong, given Rishi's defence which was the bear minimum. Which is not to say that Williamson himself doesn't think he's a Machiavellian genius, of course.

But a more likely explanation is that Sunak just had a blind spot. Perhaps Williamson had been genuinely helpful to him when he was the senior politician. I think Williamson had already had two Cabinet roles before Sunak made it off the backbenches. Or of course Williamson might just have sucked up to Sunak successfully.
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:15 pm But a more likely explanation is that Sunak just had a blind spot. Perhaps Williamson had been genuinely helpful to him when he was the senior politician. I think Williamson had already had two Cabinet roles before Sunak made it off the backbenches. Or of course Williamson might just have sucked up to Sunak successfully.
That blind spot is judgement. The weaker Sunak becomes the more Hunt is boosted. Rishi will be a patsy leader like Uncle Junior Soprano and that Hamilton bloke who was allegedly Derek Hatton’s boss at Liverpool Council.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Oboogie
kreuzberger wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:26 pm I doubt that anyone keeked their drawers at the sight of Big Gav.
How scary he is surely depends what he knows about you? According to his Deputy from his days as Chief Whip, Spider Boy was particularly interested in the details of MPs sexual proclivities and would gossip about them incessantly.
I can imagine several Tories getting pant wettingly wobbly at the thought of their proclivities being exposed to media, family and electorate.
By Malcolm Armsteen
I think that a lot of people would fill their Calvins faced with that level of aggression and unpleasantness.

Bullies don't pick on the people who are likely to break their nose in response.*

*A ploy I have used several times in my life.
Oboogie liked this
By MisterMuncher
I don't think you can underestimate how cosseted an existence a good number of these folks have had prior to meeting Williamson. He might be the most aggressive and offensive presence they've ever had to deal with.

As I said of it elsewhere, it's a bit like being a "soccer hardman", in that it cuts the ice amongst that particular crowd, but they'd get absolutely filled in by the average under-12 camogie player.
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
MisterMuncher wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:43 pm I don't think you can underestimate how cosseted an existence a good number of these folks have had prior to meeting Williamson. He might be the most aggressive and offensive presence they've ever had to deal with.
This in spades. When I did my stint at the DfE I was amazed at how 'fragile' a lot of the people were.

I had the job of chairing a meeting of primary head teachers. As always they sent a civil service 'minder' to make sure I didn't go rogue. The meeting was what you would expect of a bunch of teachers, taking the piss, being ironic and sarcastic etc.

After the meeting my minder was completely overwhelmed - "Why were you all so angry with each other?" - we were laughing, most of the time...

A lot of people on the autistic spectrum are safely employed in the civil service. It's a bully's sweetshop.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]