:laughing: 100 %
By kreuzberger
A classic "left behind", or, to be more accurate, "left to its own devices" in the 80s when the industry was destroyed and the population was left to fight over the last Vauxhall Astra and a job on the local free sheet.

Clarice Ciff and Susie Cooper remain, to this day, very collectible amongst the younger, middle-class market, so I guess they still cast a positive, albeit nostalgic, shadow over the Potteries.
By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:51 pm The people of Stoke seem not to hold education or teachers in high regard...
I spent a year there on industrial placement.
It was a long time ago.
Even then the place combined the optics of an abandoned city and a Dunning-Krugerish "Best city in the world" confidence.
By davidjay
Stoke reminds me of the Black Country - post-industrial, unable/unwilling to change with the modern world, insular, with a chip on its shoulder about its bigger, more successful neighbours and forever bemoaning the fact that we don't make things anymore. It's no wonder that the far right does well in both places.
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:54 pm Stoke reminds me of the Black Country - post-industrial, unable/unwilling to change with the modern world, insular, with a chip on its shoulder about its bigger, more successful neighbours and forever bemoaning the fact that we don't make things anymore. It's no wonder that the far right does well in both places.
Yeah, but Darts - or something.

I get a similar vibe from bits of the American South - proud to be backward; Nascar, and fisting your cousin.
By Youngian
I went on a press freebie weekend short break in Stoke and one of the best short breaks I’ve had. Kept busy in lovely places near Stoke; Lichfield, Wedgewood tours, canal tour. And a tour to see the distinguishing oddities of Stoke like the giant kilns. The guide knew a lot about local luminary Arnold Bennet and a bit about Robbie Williams but had never heard of Slash or Lemmy. Could do better.
By Abernathy
Smacks of desperation. Somebody must, indeed, have taken him aside for a word.

Won’t save him, though. He’s still an egregiously thick obnoxious cunt.

ETA : Also, what the fuck is there to investigate ? His cuntish remark is on the record.
Last edited by Abernathy on Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By kreuzberger
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:52 pm Heck. Has somebody had a word? They should have done. Repellent backbenchers was one of the reasons they shipped votes to Labour and the Lib Dems in the nineties.

We were fooled and comprehensively so ...
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 20.31.01.png
Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 20.31.01.png (207.21 KiB) Viewed 3966 times
By Abernathy
Oh, this is rich.

The Tories getting their arses handed to them in the local elections and in multiple by-elections and Labour maintaining a 20 point plus opinion poll lead on average is all just down to "voter apathy".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... r-30913924

Former Tory minister blames 'voter apathy' for election mauling as he denies rebelling

I am SO looking forward to seeing this toxic twat being ejected from Stoke-on-Trent by "voter apathy".
By Andy McDandy
His co-signer being Lia Nici. Lia Nici, former media studies lecturer at the Grimsby Institute, widely considered the worst HE establishment in the UK. CEO of Estuary TV, a local and not much watched "community TV" channel. During her tenure, £300,000 of government grant money went missing. Her parliamentary career seems to be basically kissing Johnson's arse and acting the cunt (for example, remember the Angela Rayner "flashing" claim - Johnson publicly derided it, but Nici happily propogated it; and earlier, she helped spread the Starmer/Savile rumour, shortly before being appointed Johnson's PPS).

Looks as iffy as shit, stinks more than her constituency, and probably has a gut and colon full of rancid Etonian semen. You can imagine Johnson fucking her and thinking he's shagging himself.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]