:laughing: 100 %
By Abernathy
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:37 am
I don't expect a great performance, but reflect that we might have got Anderson.
Well, I follow the logic, but if appointing Braverman (<spits>) as Home Sec was beyond the pale, surely 30p Lee as Home Sec must be a bridge too far, even for Sunak.
By Watchman
I know its quoted as the 4 Great SoS roles. but within the context of just those 4, is going from Foreign Sec to Home Sec a demotion?
By Abernathy
Watchman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:54 pm I know its quoted as the 4 Great SoS roles. but within the context of just those 4, is going from Foreign Sec to Home Sec a demotion?
No, I don't think you would say that. By all accounts, Cleverly liked being Foreign Secretary, but you can lay odds he won't be regarding bagging the Home Sec gig as any sort of demotion.
By Andy McDandy
FS is the fun gig - lots of travel and willy waving, just make sure nobody invades on your watch, or that you get caught on the beach when things start to explode.

HS is, in the words of David Waddington, the challenge, because it's all about solving problems and fixing stuff. Most of it stuff that people expect to be working, so you don't get any thanks for getting it working again. But for the current Tories, it's the job that offers the best opportunities for being a cunt to people you despise.
Watchman liked this
By Youngian
Not a good start for relations with the headbangers.
Tory rightwingers liked having Suella Braverman as home secretary, but now they’ve got James Cleverly. And in the Commons yesterday Yvette Cooper, his Labour shadow, alleged that in private Cleverly had described the Rwanda policy as “batshit”.

Cleverly has been doing an interview round this morning and, while not the main focus, this issue has come up. Although he did not admit using the phrase, anyone watching or listening to his interviews will conclude that he did indeed, at least once in private, describe the centrepiece of the government’s policy for dealing with irregular migration, beloved of rightwingers, as “batshit”.

Asked about the comment on Sky News, he replied: “I don’t recognise that phrase.” https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... itics-live
By davidjay
Watchman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:54 pm I know its quoted as the 4 Great SoS roles. but within the context of just those 4, is going from Foreign Sec to Home Sec a demotion?
I would say that of the Other Three, Chancellor is the most important but also the loneliest because your friends will want you to give their department extra money and won't forgive you if you don't. Home is less important but probably higher-profile and a bit of a hiding to nothing job because you're in charge of the stuff that 30p Lee's mates get angry about. Foreign is the junior now although it's the easiest because nobody cares what Britain thinks and if there's a problem the SAS will sort it
By kreuzberger
I know that John Crace hates the fucking tories as much as the best of us, but I heard the Cleverly interview this morning, and he managed a full ten minutes of convincing us that he has a functioning brain stem.

It was clear that he and Rajan share a deep mutual loathing, but that's fine. It was like playing fives and watching those two twats from accounts knocking lumps out of each other. In other words, "entertaining."
By Abernathy
Right. That's ENOUGH. This thread is in dire danger of singing Jimmy Dimly's praises as a thoroughly decent, thinking, humane human being.

He fucking isn't. Jimmy Dimly was out lying for Johnson in the news media every fucking day at the height of the Johnson debacle, like the very worst of them.

Man's a CUNT. (c. M. Armsteen, 2023).
By Bones McCoy
Abernathy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:18 pm Right. That's ENOUGH. This thread is in dire danger of singing Jimmy Dimly's praises as a thoroughly decent, thinking, humane human being.

He fucking isn't. Jimmy Dimly was out lying for Johnson in the news media every fucking day at the height of the Johnson debacle, like the very worst of them.

Man's a CUNT. (c. M. Armsteen, 2023).
Now there's some common sense I can get behind.
Youngian liked this
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:50 am
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:10 pm I'm fairly impressed by how long James Cleverly was in the army- 14 years. He genuinely doesn't talk about it much.
Officer in the reservists. More Captain Mainwaring than Ross Kemp.
Yeah, but he's a full Colonel of the Fleet in the Royal Artillery.
By Samanfur
Our Home Secretary, everyone:

James Cleverly Accused Of Calling English Town 'A S***hole' In Commons Outburst

James Cleverly has been accused of calling an English town “a shithole” during prime minister’s questions.

The home secretary allegedly made the remark following a question by Alex Cunningham, the Labour MP for Stockton North.

He had asked Rishi Sunak why 34% of children in his constituency were “living in poverty”.

A man’s voice can clearly be heard saying “it’s a shithole” before the PM delivers his answer.

Numerous Labour MPs later said they had seen Cleverly uttering the foul-mouthed phrase.

Raising a point of order in the chamber later, Cunningham said: “Before the prime minister answered, the home secretary chose to add in his penny-worth.

“He was seen and heard to say ‘because it’s a shithole’. I know he is denying being the culprit, but the audio is clear. It has been checked an checked and checked again.

“There is no doubt that these comments shame the home secretary, this rotten government and the Tory Party. He is clearly unfit for his high office.”

The MP said he wanted Cleverly to apologise in the Commons for his “appalling insult and foul language”.

A Conservative spokesperson said: “No Conservative MP made any negative remarks about Stockton.”

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]