:sunglasses: 11.1 % :pray: 44.4 % :laughing: 22.2 % :cry: 22.2 %
By Andy McDandy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:30 pm She may actually be a psychopath.
Her appointment as AG, like Nads to DCMS, reeked of "You thought you saw the last of me!" energy. Here's the one you mocked, back and now in charge.

If I were feeling charitable I'd guess that she was driven from an early age to succeed, but didn't have either the aptitude or the will to do so. That she slumped into "getting by", while convinced that she should be further ahead. And contentment turned into resentment and conviction that her limited experience was in fact some sort of amazing insight. "Passing off their limitations as pious platitudes", as Richard Harris put it.
By Crabcakes
Not sure if anyone else here is watching Andor on Disney+ (highly recommended by the way, even for non sci-fi or Star Wars fans), but there are a LOT of parallels between the budding fascist bureaucrats of the early Empire and the current cabinet. Braverman in particular could fit right in.

It really shows the true villains aren’t the obvious evil dudes, but the emotionless pen-pushers and sociopaths who follow in their wake.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:50 pm Ann Widdecombe got the brushback from the Tory faithful for suggesting similar 22 years ago. Who’s Braverman’s target demographic for this policy in 2022? Perhaps its a racist dog whistle I’m not hearing. As it won’t be white boys stopped and searched.

Playing well with the usual suspects on the phone-ins.

It's all "throw the book at 'em" until little Hugo gets busted at his university halls.

A law to punish those who can't afford an expensive brief.
By Tubby Isaacs
Bones McCoy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:20 pm

It's all "throw the book at 'em" until little Hugo gets busted at his university halls.

I would think that's a shift that may have happened already, though they might nonetheless want the "pusher" chucked in the Tower.

I've no idea who this is supposed to appeal to.
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:31 pm
Bones McCoy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:20 pm

I would think that's a shift that may have happened already, though they might nonetheless want the "pusher" chucked in the Tower.

I've no idea who this is supposed to appeal to.
Express Readers
Frightened Grannies
The "Of course it wasn't sunk in my day" Brigade.

Let's start random drug tests on MPs and see how long any of this nonsense lasts.
By Spoonman
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:29 pm Suella's been running a leadership campaign from before the mini-budget. Is it just me, or is she cranking it up? This doesn't sound to me like somebody who'll step aside for Sunak or whoever.

It really is time for grown-ups to take charge at Westminster.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]