:sunglasses: 11.1 % :pray: 44.4 % :laughing: 22.2 % :cry: 22.2 %
By Watchman
Surprisingly there's no thread for this delightful creature...............so I thought I'd start with this, I dont know if its possible to get any lower

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 95296.html
Oboogie liked this
By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:51 pm Just watching her at conference.

Fucking horrible in every sense of the word. Fucking. Horrible.

Demagoguery. Fascism. Lies and fabrications.

Just when you thought there could be no more vicious, callous, and nasty Home Secretary than Patel. Meet Suella Braverman.

I say again, these fucking vampires must be stopped.
By Youngian
davidjay wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:10 am The curse of the modern age - the ignorant are sure of themselves and the intelligent full of doubt.
They don’t suffer imposter syndrome. The weirdest Red wallers like Lee Anderson are not joining in with the Truss bashing, are they too thick to understand she’s blown it for them? Does Lee think he can smooth it over with his constituents by ranting about asylum seekers down Wetherspoons? Good luck with that.
By Youngian
Watchman wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:44 am That's all the likes of Anderson have got left, and that's to a shrinking audience
Expected the post Kipper party to be hedging towards double figures when the Tory implosion came. Feels good to be wrong about that one. Hard to play the revolution betrayed card when this is the Brexit they wanted.
By Abernathy
Braverman epitomises for me something that I find possibly the most disturbing thing for me about these Tories. Political ambition or careerism is all very well, and can even be quite laudable in some cases. But the motivation of someone like Braverman seems to be of a different order altogether. She appears to have embarked on a career in politics in order to be in a position to make decisions that will deliberately render the lives of some of the most desperate and vulnerable people on earth - people fleeing war, famine, disease, and persecution, and seeking asylum in the UK - what should be one of the most civilised, welcoming, and humane countries in the world - significantly worse, and in many cases even destroyed, by trafficking these poor souls against their will half way round the world to Rwanda. Braverman, by her own admission, apparently "dreams" of waving off planeloads of desperate people to this African state. She wants, in order presumably to enable her intention to deprive people of their basic right to seek asylum, to withdraw the UK's signature to the European Declaration of Human Rights, and its participation in the European Court of Human Rights.

Wher does this vindictive hatred come from? It is repellant, disgusting, and deeply worrying. We must get rid of this woman and her infernal ambition.
Last edited by Abernathy on Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Youngian
We've been saying that for decades. Whatever happened to the politically aware youth of the eighties?

Pension age is on the horizon but there won’t be so many of them as baby boomers for self-explanatory reasons. Educational attainment was a bigger factor in Brexit voting than age. Just happened to be lower among older voters.
By Crabcakes
I assume Braverman’s callousness - and Patel’s before her - comes from an awareness on some level that they’re lucky. Their parents came at the right time. They got a good job and good schooling. They didn’t face “the hostile environment”.

But to believe a significant element was just luck is to also have to believe that they aren’t special, which is inconceivable to them. So in the same way that many people who are already rich like nothing more than to make poor people less well off, or imbeciles like Littlejohn bemoan people on benefits owning a TV rather than living in silent, crushing misery, it isn’t enough to be in a position of privilege. You also have to strip every last bit of dignity from others in the hope it fills the black hole inside yourself. You have to make those with next to nothing have absolutely nothing, because without that sense of power you know you’re not that different. And that, for a certain type of right winger, is the most unsettling thing of all.
By Malcolm Armsteen
davidjay wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:50 pm They're just nasty people who have found their level. There's no great philosophy behind their behaviour any more than there is a wheelclamper or a cowboy builder charging £5,000 to replace a roof tile. They enjoy inflicting misery.
See my comments elsewhere on empathy, or the absence of it. She may actually be a psychopath.
By mattomac
Youngian wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:56 pm
We've been saying that for decades. Whatever happened to the politically aware youth of the eighties?

Pension age is on the horizon but there won’t be so many of them as baby boomers for self-explanatory reasons. Educational attainment was a bigger factor in Brexit voting than age. Just happened to be lower among older voters.
We’ve always had that as you get older the more right wing you get, though I noticed in the last decade Labour have increasingly appeared ahead even into the last group before the over 60s, I’m nearing 40 and I have very little security.

I don’t think the old wisdom will work for much longer. I doubt I can ever forgive this lot.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]