By satnav
The Tory MP in my mum's constituency Lee Rowley has just been made the minister for Housing which is pretty ironic given how he has behaved in relation to a number of housing developments in his constituency. When a development was proposed in the village where my mum lives Lee Rowley initially side with villagers and attended a number of meetings listening to all the objections but when the public inquiry started he disappeared without trace and when local people raised their objections the barrister representing the developer seemed to be very well prepared when delivering his responses.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:12 pm
Strong points from a local campaigner. From an area whose local economy is based on taking large amounts of land out of production to race horses.
"At a time of global food insecurity, it is madness to take some of the UK's best vegetable-producing land out of production. Not only is this likely to affect the local economy, but it is also likely to add to unnecessary carbon miles due to increased imports.

"This unregulated loss of farmland needs to stop."
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By MisterMuncher
How is the loss unregulated when this moaning is about taking part in an obviously rigidly structured planning system?
By Tubby Isaacs
Admittedly, this is before the Anti-Growth Coalition was a thing, but here's my MP, opposing a development of 9 houses including bunglows and starter homes which every agrees we need more of. Fortunately this was approved by the planning commitee by 10-1. I bet Mr Wiggins' fellow Conservative colleagues were delighted with him.

https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/1867 ... ll-wiggin/
By Tubby Isaacs
A more up to date example. Leadership longshot, Rehman Christi, objects to 42 homes in Rainham.

He's got some support BTL, "Medway is full up", says one. Medway is so full up that a mere 113 local government districts are more densely populated, including such metropoles as Woking and Elmbridge.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/new ... ad-274399/
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:02 pm In fairness, I think the Tories in Central Government are the good guys here. Don't know if there are other local issues there, but I'd guess that Lib Dems and Residents have gone full on for "houses, but not those there". The Tories have only 15 seats out of 47 on the council

I've noticed a lot of Lib Dems pandering to NIMBYs.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]