:sunglasses: 100 %
By Crabcakes
Youngian wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:30 am Hunt’s arrival will show whether the public are having a temporary sulk with the Tories or if they are toast (if polling doesn’t move much in their favour).
Bear in mind that any minor bump up from not having a pair of essentially economic terrorists in charge will be immediately smashed in the knackers by the arrival of still greatly increased energy bills supported only until warmer weather (hopefully) returns, and years of locked-in high interest rate mortgage repayments with no guarantee toughing it out for a few months before fixing will make it even worse.

I’m now of the opinion a GE in the spring would be the very best bet, because the damage has been done and Labour can’t magic it away. But what can happen is the Tories have to own it, and face the consequences at the ballot box

The fact - based on polls - they’d now not even make it into 2nd place and be the opposition is good, but that’s still an unlikely real world result. But a few more months of misery and incompetence and who knows?

By Arrowhead
I have to be honest and say that, although the current polling makes for (very) amusing reading, I'm really not reading too much into them at all. I'd estimate that around 30% of the British electorate identify as either "right-wing" or "very right-wing", and I'm working on the assumption that most of these voters will return to the Tory mothership by the time of the next GE. Although I suppose Farage could throw a lot of calculations out of the window if he presses ahead with plans to launch his rumoured Party for Nasty Bastards, or whatever it'd be called.

Also, this latest MRP poll currently doing the rounds looks decidedly dodgy to me. For example, it has my constituency of Meriden narrowly returning a Labour MP (in reality there's more chance of Blues winning the PL next season), whereas just down the road it has the Tories comfortably holding on to Solihull, despite it being a Lib Dem seat until fairly recently.
By Arrowhead
mattomac wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:54 pm Also gives the Rhonda to Plaid.

I can’t see that currently.
I did wonder whether they'd factored in local election results to their calculations, because although Solihull did indeed have a Lib Dem MP (Lorely Burt) 2005-2015, her party has pretty much disappeared from the map at council level ever since.

But Rhondda County Council currently has 59 Labour councillors versus just 8 for Plaid, so it can't be that.
By Yug
Wing nut welfare, and guess who's paying?

A charity founded by the chancellor, Jeremy Hunt, paid more than £110,000 – two-thirds of its income – to his former political adviser Adam Smith, who lost his job over a lobbying scandal.

Patient Safety Watch, which was set up to research preventable harm in healthcare, paid Smith as its sole employee and chief executive about 66% of its income in the year ending January 2022.

Hunt part funds the charity but it also solicits donations from the public...

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... adam-smith
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]