By Abernathy
Junior Minister, Department of Health.

She was being interviewed on the Today programme this morning' she thought to talk about the "new" proposals the government is apparently announcing today for the NHS , but inevitably, she was asked about the Zahawi farrago,

Did anybody else hear it?

She has to be the most clueless and inept government minister put up for media appearances I have ever seen or heard.
Hard to believe how bloody awful she was.
Last edited by Abernathy on Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Andy McDandy
Seems to be their standard strategy. Send in somebody to ostensibly talk about X. When the interviewer tries to probe the minister on issue Y, claim no knowledge, and try repeatedly to push the "good news story" that is issue X. If it works, the interviewer looks like a bully, and the minister doing their best to talk about their area of expertise.

Of course, this relies on us thinking that the minister has no more knowledge of a hot topic involving a colleague of theirs than us plebs, that they didn't think for a second that the contentious issue would be raised, that between morning media gigs they couldn't spend any time finding out more about it, and that their constant parroting of "I know as much as you, not my area, private matter for them to sort out" sounds the least bit convincing.
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:40 am She has to be the most clueless and inept government minister put up for media appearances I have ever seen or heard.
Hard to believe how bloody awful she was.
Maybe not but I’ll start a separate thread for Lucy Frazer who gets worse with every appearance.

I can see the government not bothering to send anyone for the main media rounds. Zahawi was best at taking the shots and he was pretty ludicrous. And what have BBC presenters to gain by holding back now Sunak’s authority is draining?
By kreuzberger
I actually feel quite sorry for Whateley and would be the worst of all people to interview her. It's the eyes.

You, or at least I, get an overriding sense that she is pleading for mercy, set fast in the knowledge that she is the wrong person in the wrong place at the wrong time. And, probably in the wrong body - both bipedally and celestially.

She is suffering from a kind of inverse Dunning-Kruger complex. She knows just how out of her depth she is, blighted by congenital stupidity. And those smiles and half-laughs; they are just an often unsuccessful plea to call the puppies off.
By satnav
Until recently there were plenty of junior minister more than happy to do the media rounds defending the indefensible knowing that one day they efforts might be rewarded with a promotion but with the next election less than two years away and the Tories looking likely to lose power I'm not sure that junior MPs now have the appetite to constantly defend the government knowing that future promotions are now highly unlikely.

As the election gets closer I could see a number of junior ministers resigning so that they can put all their efforts into hanging onto their seats or finding a good job outside of politics.
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:21 pm Jeebus. Whateley now on the Question Time panel.

So fucking dense that light bends around her.
I hope the quality of MPs happy to serve under Boris Johnson is becoming apparent to even the slowest of voters.
Noticed Dia the Tufton Street sock puppet on the panel has abandoned the BlueKIP culture war and even gave an empathetic take on life as a migrant. Unsurprising as the nativist grunt wing of Brexit were always going to be cast aside by global free market head bangers as soon as they fucked up at the tiller.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]