By Youngian
BBC blinded by Lucy’s dazzling rise. Her constituents ask the same question. I know everyone says their MP’s always down in that there London but in the case Lucy and her neighbouring suicide sister Truss, it’s true. Most shire Tories at least purchase some wellies. Even drag queens are confined to waterproof boots in the Fens for five months. Lucy has served every PM without trace since Cameron as she has no known views. But like Dave thought she’d be rather good at politics. Cynics might suggest she is.
Attachments
7685DDD1-D083-4352-B87E-142C2EDEE25A.jpeg
7685DDD1-D083-4352-B87E-142C2EDEE25A.jpeg (543.05 KiB) Viewed 6067 times
2DCEB56F-3334-41D0-A183-65526FDFAEE2.jpeg
2DCEB56F-3334-41D0-A183-65526FDFAEE2.jpeg (91.86 KiB) Viewed 6067 times
By Crabcakes
Ah yes, the ideal outfit for outdoor work in snow - open shoes, thin summer-weight office trousers, no gloves or hat and a half-unzipped puffer jacket that looks like you borrowed it off of someone else.

If your MP can’t look out of the window and think “might need my warmer shoes”, it hardly bodes well for their ability with tricker decisions of state.
By Youngian
Arrowhead wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:48 pm I'm guessing she's your local MP?

If so, there is a reasonable chance she'll be history at the next GE - if you don't mind holding your nose and tactically voting Lib Dem, that is. The Tories seem to do rather well from the perennially split vote in that constituency.
Used to be and its a tricky seat as to who is second place due to an expanding Cambridge commuter demographic.
By Arrowhead
Youngian wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:18 pm Used to be and its a tricky seat as to who is second place due to an expanding Cambridge commuter demographic.
This could eventually morph into a Labour-leaning seat I guess, but judging by recent election results it would have to be classed very much as a Lib Dem target IMO.
By Yug
The cops were right says the Culture Secretary

A minister has defended the controversial arrests of peaceful protesters at King Charles III’s coronation on Saturday, claiming police were right to act as “we were on the global stage”.

After six members of the anti-monarchy campaign group Republic were arrested at about 7.30am – before their protest had even begun – and placards seized, Lucy Frazer, the culture secretary, told the BBC’s Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg: “I think they were quite right to take into account the context of the event as a whole.”..

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... s-minister
She said: “There were 200 foreign dignitaries in the UK, in London, at an event with millions of people watching, and hundreds of thousands of people at the scene. I think it was really important that they took that into account when it takes making their decision.”
As in "it was right to show the world that our police can get away with being utter cunts as they have the full support of a corrupt, lawless, wannabe fascist government. It will send a clear message to anyone visiting our country that they must be utterly terrified of our private fascist army, sorry, police."
By Watchman
Not sure if this goes here as a companion piece, or “Rotten Rozzers”

Met accused of ‘siding’ with far-right group in anti-drag act protest
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... SApp_Other
By Malcolm Armsteen
Given that the Met now recruits almost exclusively from the armed forces which seem to have been heavily infiltrated by/are naturally in step with the far right, perhaps we should refer to them as the freikorps.
By Abernathy
I heard the extracts from that interview and the thing that struck me forcefully is that Frazer has a voice that could cut steel.
Rivals Anne Widdecombe (*spits*).

What is it with these Tory women that so many have voices like screaming banshees?
By Tubby Isaacs
If she goes back to being a barrister, she can try that argument out in court. It'll go about as well as it would have done with her Cambridge tutor.

Did some fifth columnist in the civil service brief her for that interview? "Minister, they won't press you on evidence, but if they do, tell them that perception is evidence"?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]