By Crabcakes
Badenoch strikes me as being hugely confident but having absolutely no skill whatsoever to back it up.

I’m pretty much assuming everything claimed is true, that they have set this guy up as a scapegoat and that they did want to delay compensation, and that she’ll then try and set someone else up to take the fall.

She seems to be a very unpleasant person, but just personally unpleasant as opposed to, say, Braverman who is unpleasant to whole chunks of society at once.
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:03 pm I'm beginning to think that Bad Enoch would quite like to be sacked by Sunak or to get to a position where she can resign claiming that Sunak has not given her enough support. She would then put some distance between herself and the shit show of a trouncing at the general election.
AKA doing a Suella.
By Youngian
Kemi leaves the house the same time every morning pretending to Tory members she still has a job.
Kemi Badenoch, business and trade secretary, was on Tuesday locked in a new political row, this time over her contested claim that she was engaged in trade talks with Canada, negotiations Ottawa insists do not exist.

Badenoch told MPs “explicitly” on January 29 that talks with Canada were “ongoing” to avoid a March 31 tariff cliff-edge for UK carmakers, even though she had earlier unilaterally paused wider trade talks with the Ottawa government.
https://www.ft.com/content/373b7ab9-2a5 ... 021155c778
By Bones McCoy
I like a law that protects Muslims, as long as the same law protects everybody else.

Badenoch's clumsy phrasing seems like support for "shooting welshmen with a crossbow" laws giving exceptions for those who attack Muslims.

As for Blasphemy laws: I'm against them, and was pleased when they were abolished in 2021.
By Tubby Isaacs
Kemi's still going hard along the path trodden by Liz Truss in the same job- that she's achieving incredible trade/ economic growth. As Truss had twigged, Tory Brexit members love this stuff. The rest of the electorate are "meh", at best.

Reducing some trade barriers is definitely positive, but that's hardly the samething as "coupling ourselves" or guaranteeing growth. Japan has been a member for 5 years, and has continued to grow slowly (because of demographics). No reason to think that the UK will shrug off all its weaknesses by being a member.

By Tubby Isaacs
Yeah, the famously hard left activists who run the OBR and the Bank of England.

In any case, if the government doesn't like what they're doing, they can change the fiscal rules/ inflation target. What she doesn't like is that the Government can't make up its own forecasts or cut interest rates just before the election.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]