:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 3.3 % :laughing: 26.7 % :cry: 26.7 % :🤗 10 % :poo: 3.3 %
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... sting.html

That would be the unelected Peter Cruddas who;

resigned as Tory Party co-treasurer after offering access to Cameron and Osborne, for cash;
was made a peer by de Piffle despite the House of Lords Appointments Commission unanimously recommending that the PM rescind the nomination;

confirming that the sole reason for the Tory party to be in government is for the benefit of the rich and greedy cunts
Wizard wheeze to save local Conservative Association a bit of money:

A "mix up" forces people to make a trip to their local sorting office and pay a fee to receive...

Junk mail from their local MP

Some constituents in Wrexham have been made to pay to receive their local MP's campaign literature, after a mix-up with the stamps.

One constituent took to social media to warn others about the letter from Sarah Atherton, the MP for the North Wales constituency, which she had to pay to collect.

The constituent, who wished to remain anonymous, received a note from Royal Mail, telling her they had a letter for her to collect from the sorting office.

She could not tell from the note what the letter was or who it was from.

She said that she had "wasted time and effort" as well as having to pay a £2.50 fee to collect it from the sorting office.

"People haven't got money to waste on things like this, especially when there's a cost of living crisis at the moment," she told Sky News.

The mother of two said that 48 hours after she complained to Ms Atherton's office, she is yet to receive an offer of reimbursement...

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/wrexham- ... p-12835307
Step aside Martin Lewis. Sarah Atherton knows how to save money.

How long before they're all doing it?
I do have to wonder why the lady went to all the trouble of queuing at the sorting office and then handing over £2.50 for a letter she wasn't expecting in the first place. I've had one of those cards before and just tore it up and threw it in the bin.
mattomac liked this
The local mob here send round some awful young Tory types to door knock and deliver leaflets. Not brave enough to face people directly, of course.

Though to be fair, the dodgiest party locally are the greens, who repeatedly put out literature implying they are the only ones who can win against the local Tory candidate when they in fact came a distant third. I think there’s some convoluted logic about assuming increased vote share will continue, but it’s total bullshit.
My brother got very annoyed with the local Lib Dems in his part of Swindon, who advertised themselves as a resident's association and actually did a fairly good job pressuring the council on bins and potholes and so on. Then come local elections time, he and his neighbours were surprised to see themselves on LD campaign literature, in what they thought was a group selfie in the local pub.
Similarly, the same dodgy Greens in their latest leaflet worded a bit about a footpath improvement in a way that implied they were responsible for it, when in fact it was the Tories (or, more accurately, everyone agreed it needed doing so not really a political issue). I can totally see why they do it, but being inspired by Johnsonian bullshitting and credit claiming is hardly something to be proud of.
This is just vile

An Afghan who worked with the British Council and is applying to come to the UK has been told to retrieve documents from the Taliban or risk rejection, despite assurances earlier this month that such demands would end.

The Ministry of Defence apologised on 18 March after an investigation found that applicants to the Afghan relocations and assistance policy (Arap) scheme were required to provide birth and marriage certificates in English and bearing stamps from Afghan government departments.

But 10 days later, applicants to another government scheme for Afghan people who had worked with the UK armed forces or authorities are being asked by the government for documents signed by the Taliban-led government...

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... om-taliban
Why don't they publish a list of all Afghans who worked for the British military and let the Taleban deal with them? That would solve the problem of them trying to come over here.

I fucking hate the Tories.
I'm reminded of a report from the Major era about some poor sod who'd been abandoned in Iraq after one of the many shady arms deals and was up for, if not execution, then certainly an unpleasant time. He was the subject of much discussion at Cabinet level - mainly how the UK could disown him.
Yug wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 am This is just vile

An Afghan who worked with the British Council and is applying to come to the UK has been told to retrieve documents from the Taliban or risk rejection, despite assurances earlier this month that such demands would end.

The Ministry of Defence apologised on 18 March after an investigation found that applicants to the Afghan relocations and assistance policy (Arap) scheme were required to provide birth and marriage certificates in English and bearing stamps from Afghan government departments.

But 10 days later, applicants to another government scheme for Afghan people who had worked with the UK armed forces or authorities are being asked by the government for documents signed by the Taliban-led government...

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... om-taliban
Why don't they publish a list of all Afghans who worked for the British military and let the Taleban deal with them? That would solve the problem of them trying to come over here.

I fucking hate the Tories.
I wouldn't use Angela Rayner's language when she called them "scum" but if the cap fits.
Three Tories and a Scottish Nat

Four MPs are being asked to repay hundreds of pounds in driving fines which they claimed on expenses.

Government minister Amanda Solloway claimed an £80 fixed penalty notice issued by Transport for London in 2020.

Tory MPs Simon Hoare and Bim Afolami, and SNP MP Dave Doogan, also put through similar claims.

MPs are not allowed to claim for fines and some were wrongfully paid out, but at least one MP is understood to have already paid back the money...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-65736601.amp
I wonder what else they've stuck on expenses?
Roll up, roll up folks, it's all here....

Levelling up funds. Kickbacks to Donors. The Russian connection. Wealth management companies. Commercial cofidentiality.

£150,000 levelling up grant awarded to Tory donor’s amusement centre in Hastings

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... n-hastings
A £150,000 grant from Boris Johnson’s flagship levelling up towns fund was awarded to an amusement centre launched by the Conservative donor Lubov Chernukhin, raising questions about whether public money has gone to projects most in need of financial help.

Chernukhin, a businesswoman who has given more than £2m to the Conservatives since 2014 and is married to a former Russian finance minister, co-founded the Owens entertainment centre in Hastings, East Sussex.
Abernathy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:42 am Good work here from Yvette,

https://twitter.com/YvetteCooperMP/stat ... WSdx8gPIk8
...and for those of us not signed up to Twitter?

All I can see is this -
Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 12-16-44 Yvette Cooper on Twitter.png
Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 12-16-44 Yvette Cooper on Twitter.png (21.38 KiB) Viewed 6016 times

- now, considering some on here get very antsy over blind web links being posted with no context, this is no better.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]