By Abernathy
Okay, I know it's part of the job description of Tory Party Chair to do endless media appearances on the morning after any set of elections or any by-elections and tell lies about how the Tories did not in fact get comprehensively slammed and that actually Labour really did piss-poorly, but Hands, the latest absolutely monstrous arse to do the job, is truly fucking woeful.

I suppose it might have been worse. They might have let 30p Lee out.
By Tubby Isaacs
Greg's uncovered a bombshell here.

The Leader of the Opposition has visited a constituency where there's going to be a by-election. By public transport. And seems like a good sport.

No coming back from this for Starmer. It ought to be a safe seat on current boundaries (much less so on new boundaries), and I guess we'll see if the Starmer card trumps Bozo Truss Hunt Sunak.

Greg's a former merchant banker and represents Chelsea btw.

By Tubby Isaacs
Never mind schools falling down. Greg's on to the real issues. Some people in the Shadow Cabinet used to work for the previous Labour Government. This apparently means that Labour has no "new ideas" and is committed to a "short term" approach. Not hard to see another way of looking at it- that there are people with experience in Government who probably have some idea about what worked and what didn't.

I suppose they must do focus groups, but does this "they're bringing back Blair" really scare the public?
Tories criticise Starmer for having five former Blair-era special advisers in shadow cabinet
The Conservative party has sent out this comment on the Labour reshuffle from Greg Hands, the Tory chair. He says:

This reshuffle shows Sir Keir Starmer offers no new ideas, just more of the same old short-term approach to politics which has failed this country.

He constantly changes positions to win votes, showing he doesn’t have the strength of character to lead Britain.
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:43 pm I think it's hard to infer "lack of strength of character" from appointing experienced politicians to jobs in the Shadow Cabinet.
We’ve come a long way from Corbyn and hard left still in control although that was only a year or so ago.
Labour from now on will look like a government and they even have a top flight civil servant as Starmer’s new chief of staff this week. Sue somebody.
By Tubby Isaacs
Greg Hands here, formerly of Cambridge University, the City of London and Wall Street. All those places have their faults, but they tend to take a dim view of people just making up numbers. If I were a journo, this would be my first question to the likes of Greg. "Lee Anderson has probably done this all his life, but you actually know better, don't you? Aren't you a bit embarrassed?"

I think the stuff about smashing smuggling gangs is probably rubbish, but I wasn't aware being criticised by left and right means something is "falling apart".

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]