By mattomac
They've been recruiting more and more anyhow, much like Universities but unlike Universities until very recently anyhow it was beneficial as it covered the shortfall in funding.

Yet absolutely no one wants to say a thing about it when connected to private schools, it's why it's such a good policy as it's taxation to help fund a wider system.
By Andy McDandy
Either:

1. He believes this shit and is still fighting WW2 in his head.

2. He thinks he's funny.

3. He thinks his followers think it's funny, and are still fighting WW2 in their heads.

Or a combination. Either way, he's a cretin.
By MisterMuncher
A bit of yer classic "I like the tunes but I've never heard the lyrics".

Also, Tim Anderson is a very creepy dude, marrying a lass he met when she was 16 and he was fucking thirty. Can only imagine the kind of examination that would get if this was a Labour candidate
By Abernathy
Nigredo wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:22 pm

A preview of Hands' idiocy before it became part of his job description.
Of course, Germans have been serving up superior Doner Kebabs for many years. Having tasted the offerings from German Doner Kebab, I can confirm that they are superb, and streets ahead of your backstreet chippie.
By Oboogie
Abernathy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:28 am
Of course, Germans have been serving up superior Doner Kebabs for many years. Having tasted the offerings from German Doner Kebab, I can confirm that they are superb, and streets ahead of your backstreet chippie.
My understanding is that the doner kebab as we know it was an invention of Turkish migrants in Berlin in the 1970s. Doner kebabs are as German as baltis are Brummie or chicken tikka masala is Glaswegian.

Edited for evidence : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24685617
By kreuzberger
I think that those roots of the döner are reasonably well settled, even if there is still some debate as to who came up with the idea. I doubt that anyone can remember with any reliable accuracy, because it was invented as post-pub nourishment and that, as they say, is that. (The ö umlaut is however mandatory).

My favourite is the Dürüm variant; the same meat-salad-sauce ensemble but rolled up in a tortilla-type bread. Moreover, I've had plenty in Türkiye too, and not one could hold a candle to yer average Neu Kölln shop.
By kreuzberger
Gyros, presumably relates to the "turny-spinny-thing" which the meats are cooked upon. That might have been an Ottoman invention and a fail-safe way of illustrating that there is barely a fag paper between mainstream Greek and Turkish cuisine.

Yes, I know that they vary at the geographic margins but the turny-spinny-thing is still a rock solid feature.

Truth be told, turning a spit through 90° isn't exactly rocket salad but putting the meat in to a sarnie was a masterstroke. How else is a chap expected to return drunk from the football, demanding sex while licking chilli sauce off his elbows?
By Boiler
There's a fabulous chippie near to Hanger Lane Underground station, called Paul's Plaice - run by a very fiery Cypriot (I think). His kebabs are wonderful, or you can just have doner meat and chips. There's also a GDK in Borehamwood; I might try that one day to compare.

The first time I had a kebab was down the Goldhawk Road and I wasn't impressed :roll:
By kreuzberger
The usual three of us were at the football cup game last night in the deep, deep east borough of Lichtenberg. The chance of pig-free catering that far out is unlikely so we had sandwiches for the train on the way over.

By the station is a Turkish place where we could get more beer, so off we toddled. The döner looked and smelled so feckin' wonderful that we ordered a plated one with a hunk of bread (and more beer)

Six bucks. Don't mind if I do.

A four-nil win at Traktor Boxhagen and then a game of darts in the pub with the locals. Also recommended.

Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 23.13.08.png
Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 23.13.08.png (326.81 KiB) Viewed 2289 times

Back on topic, Greg Hands would have hated it.
By Andy McDandy
If only those people who didn't vote for us, voted for us, we'd be laughing.

Up there with "If you extrapolate the result of the election for events officer for Scumbag College JCR, Corbyn will win by a landslide!".
By Andy McDandy
How many MPs are looking at Hancock's fee for I'm a Sleb, and thinking if they just boost their media profile a bit, they too could earn a year's salary in a few days? And besides, licking Tory arse is good training for swallowing crocodile cock.
davidjay liked this
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:29 pm How many MPs are looking at Hancock's fee for I'm a Sleb, and thinking if they just boost their media profile a bit, they too could earn a year's salary in a few days? And besides, licking Tory arse is good training for swallowing crocodile cock.
Maybe just send them all to the jungle.
Install fake cameras.
Walk away.
Spoonman liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:11 pm Old ‘Jazz’ Hands gets wheeled out more often than a tea lady’s trolley in a 1970s office. Is he volunteering for this repeated self-abasement or does Sunak have something on him?
It's his job, he can't avoid it. Unless he resigns like Dowden did. Within 10 months, Dowden was Deputy PM, so maybe Greg is tempted.
By Abernathy
Phil Moorhouse had a good point: The Tory response to three successive huge by-election losses is in essence to say “This is clearly a sign that the electorate wants us to continue doing what we’re doing”. How the fuck does that work?
Last edited by Abernathy on Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]